What's your idle power consumption?

On 7/25/2021 at 10:13 PM, Ver7o said:

- G6400

- H410 itx

- 2x4GB

- nvme cache

- R7 240 GPU

- 1x120mm case fan which is always running

My idle consumption is about 20-21W. Without the GPU its about 15-16W. Thats with everything unused turned off and bios tuned for power savings (eg. turned off wifi antennas, bluetooth, onboard sound, turned on pcie aspm...). I'm running the conservative cpu governor as it makes zero difference in power draw but a giant difference in overall speed.

I do not use Plex with transcoding, but if thats your objective even something like G5400/G6400 is plenty powerful for such task and might be closer to your power target then an i3.

Cheers

With or without disks?

what disks do you use?

11 hours ago, Alex.b said:

I updated my server :

- i5-10400

- 2x8 GB 3200Mhz

- BeQuiet Gold psu

- 2x8 Tb

- 3 SSD

With HDD spin off, I'm at 32W, 10 more watts than my previous build, but with a 3x more powerful.

What hdd? What mobo?

• 3 weeks later...

Dell T40 Microserver Xeon E-2224G, 8+16GB ECC 2666Mhz Ram

with 3 extra Case Fans

3x8TB Toshiba HDD´s

PCIe Adaptercard with 2x m.2 Slots, 256GB each  (1x Sata m.2/ 1xNVMe m.2)

Idle ~30W

Edited by mlnm
On 10/3/2021 at 10:37 PM, Jorrit said:

With or without disks?

what disks do you use?

Sorry for the late reply. I forgot to add my array I see. I use 3x 4TB WD Reds. The mentioned power consumption is with disks spun down.

for my two servers, listed in my sig, here are my numbers:

i7-3770 server, idle (no activity, all disks spun down) is about 60 watts.  at 99% processor activity and all drives spun up, it is about 195 watts.

1230L server, idle at about 36 watts.  it never sees full activity, but all disks active results in just uner 60 watts.

fwiw, i am sure noone cares :)

• 3 weeks later...

Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 with a i5-6500T CPU, 16 GB of DDR4 Ram and one 1TB WD Blue SATA-SSD. Unraid 6.10 RC2 with 3 active Docker Containers (PiHole, Guacamole and NGINX Reverse Proxy) between 4,5 and 6 Watts ideling. On a Dell OptiPlex 3050 Micro, Same CPU/RAM/SSD and Unraid Version ~9W. The Dell had problems with the PKG C-States. On the Dell, the Package only goes into the PKG C3 State. On the Lenovo C7!