existing disk not recognized after reboot

Hello, I had recently took my rack offline to redo the cable management. After rebooting one of my three XFS Encrypted (Data) disks (not my 2 parody) is not recognized by unraid as an existing disk and is suggesting to format it when I start the array. I would like to avoid a complete format parity rebuild if possible since it should be unnecessary due to the fact no information changed on the disks, it's only not being recognized as part of the array for some reason.

Capture.PNG

tower-syslog-20201003-1858.zip tower-syslog-20201003-1359.zip

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

51 minutes ago, DataPhile said:

format parity rebuild

These words do not belong together and suggests you are considering making a VERY BIG mistake.

Don't do anything without further advice.

Sorry for the late reply I had to run an errand. I'm not considering making that mistake, that's why I made the forum post before proceeding. I'm not really sure what to do in this situation, I've never had a single disk from the array randomly decide they are no longer part of an array that I've had running without issue for over a year. The reason I said that is literally what the array devices page is suggesting I do in that screenshot. I am well aware that would cause more issues than I am currently having. I have to start the server back up, I will send diagnostics after.

It is the same disk, the only thing that may have changed is the SAS slot its in may have been changed to another unpopulated one (I'm on the old 45drives chassis finicky cables that stop working) but in unraid the disk order is the same. The thing that is concerning me is when I try to mount the disk, unraid says it will over write all my data on my disk when it already is encrypted and has my data on it. So absolutely sure I can just mount it and start the array then without issue?

Also sorry for the long delay to respond been kinda sick to my stomach since getting home.

It will rebuild the disk from parity. That is what is required because the disk is not in sync.

Unraid disables a disk when a write to it fails. After a disk is disabled, Unraid does not use it again until rebuilt. Instead, it emulates the disk from the parity calculation using parity and all the other disks. Emulation includes writing. That initial failed write, and any subsequent writes to that disk, updates parity, so those writes can still be recovered by rebuilding the disk.

Just assign the disk and start the array to begin rebuild.