If there was a service for 'help / assistance / development / configuration' of Setting up UnRaid technology, how many of you would use it? Pay per hour or Flat rate for a config / setup task. Any Interest?

champion01

Hello all!

Basically I am testing the waters here. I have UnRaid and LOVE UnRaid. However, I have spent many many hours, and sometimes fail for many days to configure things such as:

• Ombi
  • Reverse DNS
  • OpenVPN
  • Radarr
  • Movie Download Workflow
  • Music Download Workflow
  • Fix my Cache (its full and wont 'move' files)
  • Other Unraid difficulties
  • Disabled drive
  • Configure 8+ SATA cards and 'flash' the SATA card
  • etc

I have spent many many many hours on tasks like this. Like much of you, I love technology and after every task I learn so much more and become a better developer / technology guru.

However, sometimes I just want to press the easy button and pay someone to do this. The problem is UnRaid is someone esoteric technology and there are not that many qualified professionals to assist us, so we must do it ourselves (Which we love and hate).

-----------

My question is: If there was a service or company that you can call, do screen shares, or even 'house visits' and pay either:

• By Hour
  • Flat rate per task

How many of you would be interested in a service like this?

Edited by champion01
formatting
3 hours ago, CrashnBrn said:

I know Lime Tech does offer paid support similar to what you're asking about, but I don't know how in-depth they going troubleshooting 3rd party issues.

https://unraid.net/services

Ah this is news to me! I did not know that they offer this, that is very cool! Thanks for letting me know!

They are a bit expensive (2 hours for $300), but they do offer the same services!  

I am thinking about creating a company which offers more 'granular' services in which users can purchase 'OpenVPN' set up, or 'Ombi - Torrent - Radarr' workflow set up, and other packages like that.  It'll be more task oriented, and a bit more affordable than $150 per hour.  Not that they are not worth $150 per hour... Lime Tech is the A-Team, they are the best of the best for this.  For something more simple or for users who want something a bit less 'professional' I imagine they can use a service like mine. 

If the issue is more extreme or 'low-level', the Lime-Tech team would definitely be the better option.

----

When I have been very stuck setting something up on UnRaid, I have gone on UpWork.com and attempted to find people who have experience with UnRaid.  Almost every time I fail at locating devs who have experience with UnRaid specifically. The Devs I find say "Oh I can do it on a server, so I can do it on UnRaid..." then they go to my UnRaid server and are massively unfamiliar with the interface and inner-workings of UnRaid, so they are not able to help me... This has been my experience to be honest.

---
What do think of this agency service I would like to create? Is this a waste of my time to create an agency that does this? or will it be useful for users?  I am biased, and I think it will be useful... But would love to know what you and others think.

I think you have an interesting idea and I would suggest running this through Limetech first just to make they have some input with this. They have had vendors doing various things here before and maybe they can give you some positive or negative feedback to help you decide. Tagging some of the guys below that you might want to reach out to if you actually do proceed in this. 😁

@jonp @SpencerJ @limetech

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kizer said:

I think you have an interesting idea and I would suggest running this through Limetech first just to make they have some input with this. They have had vendors doing various things here before and maybe they can give you some positive or negative feedback to help you decide. Tagging some of the guys below that you might want to reach out to if you actually do proceed in this. 😁

@jonp @SpencerJ @limetech

18 hours ago, champion01 said:

Ah this is news to me! I did not know that they offer this, that is very cool! Thanks for letting me know!

They are a bit expensive (2 hours for $300), but they do offer the same services!  

I am thinking about creating a company which offers more 'granular' services in which users can purchase 'OpenVPN' set up, or 'Ombi - Torrent - Radarr' workflow set up, and other packages like that.  It'll be more task oriented, and a bit more affordable than $150 per hour.  Not that they are not worth $150 per hour... Lime Tech is the A-Team, they are the best of the best for this.  For something more simple or for users who want something a bit less 'professional' I imagine they can use a service like mine. 

If the issue is more extreme or 'low-level', the Lime-Tech team would definitely be the better option.

----

When I have been very stuck setting something up on UnRaid, I have gone on UpWork.com and attempted to find people who have experience with UnRaid.  Almost every time I fail at locating devs who have experience with UnRaid specifically. The Devs I find say "Oh I can do it on a server, so I can do it on UnRaid..." then they go to my UnRaid server and are massively unfamiliar with the interface and inner-workings of UnRaid, so they are not able to help me... This has been my experience to be honest.

---
What do think of this agency service I would like to create? Is this a waste of my time to create an agency that does this? or will it be useful for users?  I am biased, and I think it will be useful... But would love to know what you and others think.

Will discuss with team. 🙂

• 1 month later...

I'd buy this service right now. 

I only go near my Unraid once every few years and waste far too much time trying to relearn stuff.

I'd much rather just hand money to someone to solve it for me.

If you want some paid support work, please contact me +6421742634

Current problem, can't format a newly installed drive

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...