[SOLVED] UDMA CRC error count

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] UDMA CRC error count
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same issue with my Samsung 860 EVO 4 TB in my Mac Pro 5.1 from 2012. The number of errors are increasing all the time. I have another SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 2 TB, without this issue. Both are installed on pcie-cards on the logic board (4 slots). I have also tried with installing the EVO 860 in ordinary HDD-bay but the issue didn’t go away. Is 860 more demanding regarding speed than 850? This old computer has only pcie-2 (USB 2.0) and that can’t be changed.

I would gladly retire this machine, but if I want to stay with Mac, what options do I have? My wish is the new Mac Pro from 2019 but the cost is far too high (5 999 US Dollars in starting price). This computer was bought in April 2013 and was almost old when it was new. And then came Trash-can that autumn. I was shocked. How could they build such a machine? It was ugly and not upgradable. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2020 at 2:56 AM, trurl said:

On the Dashboard page, click on the SMART warning for the disk and you can acknowledge it. It will warn again if the count increases.

Thanks for this- there's no way I would've guessed to click on that warning. Good to see all green dots again.

44 minutes ago, -C- said:

Thanks for this- there's no way I would've guessed to click on that warning. Good to see all green dots again.

Don't just make the warning go away. An occasional CRC is OK to acknowledge. Any other type of warning might be a serious disk problem.