Upgrading from 6.3.5 - how to manually upgrade?

I looked around a bit after I got an error upon hitting the Update button and getting the (Invalid URL / Server error response) because 6.5.3 is long gone. I can download the trial and upgrade, but how do you install it on the existing USB manually (and get the upgrade to hand everything off from 6.3.5) to 6.8.3? Are there any guides or tips on doing that?  (I know, stupid, waiting this long...but it just works.)

Thanks in advance.

I looked around a bit after I got an error upon hitting the Update button and getting the (Invalid URL / Server error response) because 6.5.3 is long gone. I can download the trial and upgrade, but how do you install it on the existing USB manually (and get the upgrade to hand everything off from 6.3.5) to 6.8.3? Are there any guides or tips on doing that?  (I know, stupid, waiting this long...but it just works.)

Thanks in advance.
Maybe try this
https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-os-6-8-3

Envoyé de mon HD1913 en utilisant Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Unqualified Spectator said:

but how do you install it on the existing USB manually

Extract the files from the .zip arching and copy just the bz* files and replace the ones on the flash drive, then reboot.

Also, with this jump, you probably want to follow the advice in this guide.

EDIT:  Oops, I read you were upgrading from 6.3.5 instead of 6.5.3.  Still the guide may be useful.  Which is it? 6.3.5 as in the thread title, or 6.5.3 as stated in the body of post?

Edited by Hoopster

Yeah - it is THAT Old...6.3.5 - the "upgrade" link points to 6.5.3 which is no more. I was thinking about the license key and the fixation that Unraid has on the "authorized" USB stick. I wouldn't mind getting a NEW USB - installing 6.8.3 on it (it would become a trial) and then I guess I would have to copy my license key to the new USB and do a license transfer? I've never done a license transfer, so, if that's all wrong, please forgive my ignorance. Been 3 years since I messed with Unraid - haven't had to - it's been fine.

Oh - thanks for the link - I've read that a few times, got to the point of pulling the trigger a couple times and decided to wait since we were about to start using the server heavily...now kicking myself.

Oh - I found this link for if the upgrade link fails...wonder if I can make that work from my existing system?  https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

I'll be checking this while I wait. Thanks All!

Edited by Unqualified Spectator
Add thanks for the link - good stuff.
15 minutes ago, Unqualified Spectator said:

I guess I would have to copy my license key to the new USB and do a license transfer?

If you want to keep your existing array configuration, docker containers, plugins, etc. copy the entire /config folder over to the new flash drive if you decide to go that route.

License transfer is fairly painless and can be done in the GUI.

• Thanks 1

I think I have hit upon a more palatable solution - go to plugins, choose Install Plugin and drop this link in

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

The only thing I'm not sure of is what folder to install the .plg file in?  I don't see the unRAIDServer.plg file (but that makes sense since I would have built the original on my laptop and it went into the root folder - that doesn't appear to be a choice from Install Plugin.

Does anybody know if you don't choose a subfolder, does the Install Plugin link default install in /boot ? If it does, that might work.

Edited by Unqualified Spectator
Correction and additional question.