No network access

thany

I've set up a fresh new unRAID 6.9.0-beta, latest version from today. I've given it a static IP-address. I've double-checked that its settings are correct. Correct subnet, netmask, gateway, etc. It's all correct. Chosen IP-address is not in use by something else, as far as I can tell.

I've checked in the local console using `ifconfig` that indeed, `br0` is given the IP-address I chose. The remaining interfaces, `bond0` and `lo0` have no IP-address and the loopback address, respectively. So it looks to me like it's configured correctly.

On the local console, I cannot ping any of my networked devices, including the gateway. It's a simple network, can't really mess it up. I also can't ping from any of my devices to the unRAID server.

The network chip should be a Realtek RTL8111H, which is built onto the motherboard. The motherboard is an ASRock B550M Pro4.

I don't know how to proceed now. Can anyone give me some pointers on what to do? Or if you need anything in the way of diagnostics, just let me know which logfile to grab and I'll try posting it.

Edited by thany
typos

Oh dear, you're right 😳 So sorry about that, I should've probably checked this first.

I do wonder what `br0` was doing with the IP-address then. I understand that's not a physical NIC, but should `br0` get the IP-address instead of the physical NIC?