No internet connection - Transferred hardware

Transferred my disks and usb drive to a new machine (significant upgrade in hardware).  Have had intermittent issues with network connectivity.  Can always connect to GUI, but ability of server to see the internet seems to be variable.  Plex docker was connecting 3 days ago, but I can't get it back now.  Not sure what changed.  I don't think I changed anything in any network settings or unraid settings.

I have tried static as well as dhcp.  I have tried defining DNS servers.  I tried to add a route per some prior post, but didn't seem to be able to get that to take.  I have downgraded to the prior release.  I am largely out of ideas now.  Diagnostic file attached.

Appreciate any help.

tower-diagnostics-20201009-2144.zip

Oct  9 21:33:06 Tower dhcpcd[2621]: eth0: soliciting a DHCP lease
Oct  9 21:33:06 Tower dhcpcd[2621]: eth0: offered 10.0.0.251 from 10.0.0.1
Oct  9 21:33:06 Tower dhcpcd[2621]: eth0: probing address 10.0.0.251/24
Oct  9 21:33:10 Tower dhcpcd[2621]: eth0: leased 10.0.0.251 for 86400 seconds

It appears to be working correctly, did you try accessing the server using the IP address?

had tried setting dns previously with no luck.  Renamed network.cfg (no rules file) and no change.  can't ping google.com or 8.8.8.8.  Can connect to the GUI just fine, but unraid can't see the internet.  can ping local network machine no problem.  Might try a fresh unraid install on a new stick (trial version) and see if that works, but does anyone else have any ideas?

tried a fresh usb with brand new unraid install.  that one can't connect to the internet either (no pings and registration page shows it can't connect so server).  Now I really have no idea.  Might be a router issue, but I can't see any issues there nor can I think what could possibly be the problem.  Has anyone ever had a NIC that would connect locally, but not to the greater internet?  Doesn't make any sense to me.

Oddly when I put the original usb back in it connected to internet again......very odd as this last time I didn't change anything, but might be my router acting up as I am now having connection issues with other random devices.  Thanks for all the help.  Hopefully it keeps working.  Now I just have to fix my plex docker as I broke it trying to troubleshoot this issue.

• Like 1