[SOLVED] Had a power cut and now Unraid seems to be borked

So had a power cut whilst I was at work today, come back home and restarted the Unraid server to find that it's no longer contactable on the network. I am able to boot to the Unraid text console and log in, but despite the console stating that Samba has started and the server is supposedly using the correct IP address, I just can't see it on the network.

I am at a loss as to what to do - I can login to the console as root, but after that nothing seems to happen. I can't connect to Unraid using a browser or start it in GUI mode.

I'd appreciate any help or assistance anyone can offer, thanks!

I will give it a go. Just plugged the server USB stick into my Windows computer, can see /config and other directories on there, so I've made a copy of the USB drive contents before doing anything else. I'll reboot and see what happens!

EDIT: Nope, can't ping the server using its local IP address and vice versa, can't ping anything else on the local network from the Unraid text console.

Edited by TangoEchoAlpha
I will give it a go. Just plugged the server USB stick into my Windows computer, can see /config and other directories on there, so I've made a copy of the USB drive contents before doing anything else. I'll reboot and see what happens!

EDIT: Nope, can't ping the server using its local IP address and vice versa, can't ping anything else on the local network from the Unraid text console.

Does your server have multiple nic’s? Try a different one if so. Surge might have took out you nic or switch port.

Invest in a good sine wave ups
13 minutes ago, spl147 said:

Does your server have multiple nic’s?

system/ethtool:

Settings for eth0:
Speed: 1000Mb/s
Link detected: yes
--------------------------------
Settings for eth1:
Speed: Unknown!
Link detected: no
Settings for eth2:
Speed: Unknown!
Link detected: no

By system does have multiple NICs, one on the motherboard (which the system is connected to the network with as eth0) and the other two eth 1 and eth2 are on a separate network card. I was going to try and setup bonding but the documentation for my switch was less than easy to follow. I can try removing that extra network card, but the system has had it in there for a while.

It's 10pm here in the UK and I have to be up at 5am for work tomorrow. Will check the thread when I get home from work, so if I don't reply please don't think I'm ignoring anyone kind enough to try and help!

18 minutes ago, trurl said:

Check other parts of the network, ports on router or switch. I have often had a switch port come up dead for no apparent reason. I just tape over it and use another.

Well that certainly seems to be the case here. I started up a live image of Linux Mint on the server and found that the network connection wouldn't start. Moved the ethernet cable to a different port on the switch and it connected fine.

So I went back to my Unraid console and found that my Unraid server now appears in Windows Network. Pinging 192.168.1.231 works and invader resolves to that IP address. Equally I can ping my Windows PC from the Unraid console. I've never had a port on a switch go like that, and it's not a cheap switch either (Draytek P2121 - went for something decent to power the home CCTV cameras).

Thank you all for the help - I feel like a bit of a plonker!

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Had a power cut and now Unraid seems to be borked