Docker Image has to be deleted every 30-45 days

Good Afternoon and thank you ahead of time for your wonderful product and support.

I have a weird issue where my Docker Image will become corrupt roughly every 30-45 days. It used to be tied to me having 2 different sized cached drives, but I just dropped one and that fixed that issue. However I still will randomly have a corrupt docker image roughly every 30 days and I have no idea what is going on. It usually only appears on Monday mornings when I have my auto-update for docker containers run. Granted that could just be when I notice it.

I have attached my diagnostics report, but this is after I just finished rebuilding my containers. 

Again, thank you for the help.

asgard-diagnostics-20201012-1615.zip

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, G1ng3rK!ng said:

So it just happened again. "Unable to write to docker image." Can anyone help me out with this? 

Did you you ever investigate your docker container settings as @trurl suggested?

Go to the Docker page in the GUI and click the Container Size button to check if any of your containers seem to be occupying an unusually large amount of space.  If so, start there and make sure your path mappings in the container are used properly within the app itself.  If not, the app is likely writing directly into docker.img and filling it up.

Did you check the Docker FAQ as Squid suggested, especially the section on Docker Image Filling Up?

Your docker.img file should never need to be larger than 20GB (except in a really extreme case).  If it is around 20GB and you keep filling it up and are unable to write to it, you likely have the problem trurl mentioned.

Start by investigating the suggestions already received so those can either be confirmed or rejected and some other cause investigated.

On 10/30/2020 at 4:55 PM, Hoopster said:

Did you you ever investigate your docker container settings as @trurl suggested?

Go to the Docker page in the GUI and click the Container Size button to check if any of your containers seem to be occupying an unusually large amount of space.  If so, start there and make sure your path mappings in the container are used properly within the app itself.  If not, the app is likely writing directly into docker.img and filling it up.

Did you check the Docker FAQ as Squid suggested, especially the section on Docker Image Filling Up?

Your docker.img file should never need to be larger than 20GB (except in a really extreme case).  If it is around 20GB and you keep filling it up and are unable to write to it, you likely have the problem trurl mentioned.

Start by investigating the suggestions already received so those can either be confirmed or rejected and some other cause investigated.

Hoopster thank you for linking those items. Reviewing the items in order.

Container Size - Nothing looks like it is unusally large, but here is a screenshot so you can see.

image.png.d9436c2419545fe1dc04891e5a203f33.png

Docker FAQ - Looking at this, I do not have anything that directly downloads the the image. I don't have SAB or NBZ. I use Syncthings to do most of that (following the guide from SpaceInvader) So I think I am good there. The only thing I noticed prior to this last one is the docker.log was massive.

Docker Img - it is 20gb, the default. How would I look to see if something is writing to the wrong location?