[6.8.3] network is slowing down after a few days

Recently I've noticed that a few days after a reboot, docker containers seem to be limited in the bandwidth they can use. Especially when streaming from the plex media server docker. After a little longer the issue seems to spread to all my containers and then I can barely access the unraid webui to initiate a reboot has it becomes slow and unresponsive.

Rebooting seems to solve the issue for a shortwhile.

I recently added this card to be able to use 2.5gbps speeds on the router provided by my ISP and I was wondering if it may be a compatibility issue: https://www.delock.com/produkte/G_90440/merkmale.html

Also I've installed a firefox docker container, started a speed test and the speeds are fine, slightly above 2.5gbps in download and upload.

thank you for your help, and sorry if the issue is hard to comprehend.

patricksnas-diagnostics-20201013-0837.zip

EDIT1: I forgot to add that when the problem occurs, all the devices on the network lose internet connection. So maybe it’s related to my isp’s router ?

Edited by Hamilcar
  • 2 weeks later...

The first thing I would do is revert to stock Unraid to see if the issue persists.  I would imagine so, but its good to verify just in case.  As far as the safety of upgrading to a beta, it should be perfectly fine given how late in the beta process we are, but if you'd rather hold off until we reach RC, I'm fairly confident we are going to see that very soon.

• 2 months later...