Windows 10 VM Gets Killed When RX 580 GPU Drivers Get Installed

Noah517

After doing virtualization in the past with server hardware, I thought it would be fun and useful to split up my brand new PC that I built into two virtual Windows machines. I've had difficulty every step of the way, and now I'm completely stuck. I can get a single Windows VM to boot up through a RX 580 Graphics Card, but issues arise when I try to install the AMD drivers. If I try to install the AMD GPU drivers, it get's about 75% through the install and the screen flashes black and stays that way, requiring a force stop of the VM which corrupts the Windows Files and makes it freeze the next time you try to boot it up. Even if I don't do anything on the VM, the screen eventually flashes black as well, which I believe is because Windows installs the default graphics drivers after a few minutes on a new installation. This issue comes after issues with my NIC drivers, unRAID randomly freezing up (fixed with a new boot usb drive), and issues with PCIE passthrough that I have all fixed. I still get an IOMMU error when I try to pass through my other GTX 1660 Super, but that's not an issue that I'm concentrating on right now. After doing some research with the GPU driver issue, I found that some people have fixed this by using older AMD drivers, but I haven't even been able to find old drivers for the card!

PC Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x CPU

Asus x570-P Prime Motherboard 

GT 710 GPU (for unRAID console)

GTX 1660 Super GPU

RX 580 GPU

Samsung 1tb SATA Drive

Any suggestions would be great. I can't come this far to fail to a driver issue, right?

Noah