[SOLVED] Second parity drive disabled

Hello,

Today I logged into a remote system that I use mainly to run zoneminder. everything is still operational as I had dual parity drives, however one of the drives is now showing disabled.

I ran a diagnosis , attached.

I am not a complete newbie but not qualified to interpret the smart report either 

Please let me know what I should do next.

I am reading this for directions now  https://wiki.unraid.net/UnRAID_6/Storage_Management#Replacing_disks it says that if the smart report says the drive iis good, I should reenable. But I do not know the steps to do so.

Thank you in advance 

Chas

Screenshot 2020-10-13 154643.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20201013-1532.zip

28 minutes ago, kysdaddy said:

logged into a remote system that I use mainly to run zoneminder. everything is still operational as I had dual parity drives, however one of the drives is now showing disabled.

It isn't necessary to login to know when you have a problem. You must setup Notifications to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected.

SMART attribute for parity2 look OK. Syslogs in diagnostics don't seem to include the events of the disk getting disabled. Possibly there are even older syslogs in /var/log that might show what happened.

Run an extended SMART test on parity2. If it passes you can rebuild to the same disk.

To rebuild to same disk (whether parity or data):

1. Stop array
  2. Unassign disabled disk
  3. Start array with disabled disk unassigned
  4. Stop array
  5. Reassign disabled disk
  6. Start array to begin rebuild.
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Second parity drive disabled