[Support] tmchow - n8n workflow automation

42 minutes ago, HellraiserOSU said:

Is there a way to secure this so we can access it externally via something like a proxy? or is that a bad idea?

I have it only running locally, so am not the expert on this. However, some info:

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, tmchow said:

I have it only running locally, so am not the expert on this. However, some info:

Wireguard was my other option so that can do. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Thank you to tmchow for bringing this docker image to the community apps. For many cases n8n needs to be accessible externally (for webhooks, oauth2, etc), the best way is to add the following docker vars:

N8N_BASIC_AUTH_ACTIVE=true

N8N_BASIC_AUTH_USER=user
N8N_BASIC_AUTH_PASSWORD=pass

2 hours ago, ootri said:

Thank you to tmchow for bringing this docker image to the community apps. For many cases n8n needs to be accessible externally (for webhooks, oauth2, etc), the best way is to add the following docker vars:

N8N_BASIC_AUTH_ACTIVE=true

N8N_BASIC_AUTH_USER=user
N8N_BASIC_AUTH_PASSWORD=pass

Just added these options to the template.

• 3 months later...

I have been able to get it up and running with letsencrypt using a custom template. However, I'm currently encountering an issue where every time I go to the server through the proxy, it gives me a "Connection Issue" at the top right. 

Locally, however, I have no problems. 

If anyone has a working letsencrypt template or has any suggestions, please let me know. I'm a noob and still learning so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by [email protected]
  • 1 year later...

Prior to the latest release, I was able to use a manually created path to define access to my unraid system within the container. This latest version seems to now crash and is very unstable for me. Can someone try to add a path and check for stability? When I try to open the logs in the context menu it closes and same true for console. I've re-installed from previous and totally removed and started fresh with same results. If I remove the manually created path, then it seems fine, so definitely points to not accepting the path addition.

I appreciate any t-shooting/guidance to help get this up and stable again.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
On 2/10/2023 at 4:33 AM, frankie666 said:

Thanks @tmchow for the docker. It works perfectly for me, however since a while it is impossible to update for new releases... see picture.

What could be the issue ?

Thanks again.

Hey! Sorry, I'm not using this regularly anymore hence me not looking at this. I dived back into this and saw the same "not available" message you had. However, I deleted the container and reinstalled it from scratch and it seems to work.  Not sure what is different as the XML is exactly the same.

Try reinstalling from scratch? 

image.png.007812288024545fedf98ae9ea519620.png

19 hours ago, tmchow said:

Hey! Sorry, I'm not using this regularly anymore hence me not looking at this. I dived back into this and saw the same "not available" message you had. However, I deleted the container and reinstalled it from scratch and it seems to work.  Not sure what is different as the XML is exactly the same.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/134016-fix-to-a-small-issue-with-updating-oci-docker-images/page/2/#comment-1220827

21 hours ago, tmchow said:

Thanks for reply, I will try to reinstall from scratch however it is a bit annoying to export/import worlflows... is there any way to export credentials ? thx

4 hours ago, frankie666 said:

Thanks for reply, I will try to reinstall from scratch however it is a bit annoying to export/import worlflows... is there any way to export credentials ? thx

Deleting the image shouldn't do anyting to your preferences (e.g. saved in /mnt/user/cache/appdata/n8n).

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a note, if you are using traefik as your proxy in Unraid, you can add these two labels:

Host(`your.page.com`) && Path(`/webhook/{uuid:([a-f0-9]{8}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{12})}`)
Host(`your.page.com`) && Path(`/webhook-test/{uuid:([a-f0-9]{8}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{12})}`)

This will only expose the hooks matching the auto generated UUID (If you create custom url then you need to add another label )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this template abandoned? Since 1.0, the container loses configuration on restart. If I roll back it seems to work fine. I tried completely clearing out appdata folders and starting from scratch and changes do not persist on restart.

One thing I noticed, the files DO update within the container in the config folder but those files are never "updated" back on the storage. Has anyone else ran into this?

Hi, sorry!  I haven't paid much attention to this container I created support for until now as I don't use n8n much.

However, I have done updates which should fix this for n8n 1.x launch:

- Changed home directory to `/home/node/.n8n` from `/root/.n8n`
    - Renamed webhook tunnel variable to `WEBHOOK_TUNNEL`
    - Dropped basic auth config since it's deprecated in n8n 1.x 

3 hours ago, DanielPetrica said:

When we update the container/app do we need to change the "Config" path to map this new path or is it automatic?

Mine did not automatically change. So I manually changed the config container path to 

/home/node/.n8n/

After that, I updated the container and all my configuration settings came back once I logged in.

• Upvote 2
On 7/27/2023 at 8:46 AM, tmchow said:

Hi, sorry!  I haven't paid much attention to this container I created support for until now as I don't use n8n much.

However, I have done updates which should fix this for n8n 1.x launch:

- Changed home directory to `/home/node/.n8n` from `/root/.n8n`
    - Renamed webhook tunnel variable to `WEBHOOK_TUNNEL`
    - Dropped basic auth config since it's deprecated in n8n 1.x 

According to the official migration guide from n8n, the webhook tunnel variable should be `WEBHOOK_URL`. Am I missing something?