Order/Naming of disk

Janus

Hi,

I ordered a "Internal 5 Port Non-Raid Sata III 6GB/S M.2 B+M Key Adapter Card", to add more SATA ports to my computer, and add more disk. My question is about the naming of the disk/device.

As I can understand, Linux is naming the device (ex:/dev/sdb or /dev/sdd) in relation with the SATA port used. If I change disk of SATA port, this will change ? And does UnRAID will be aware of this change and the Array will continue to work ?

Also, second question, depending of the answer to the first one, if I must manage or, manage by myself the dick number in the array, is it possible to configure UnRAID to use by-id (/dev/disk/by-id) to do not have to manage this ?

Thanks 

unraid uses the disk serial number, not the linux designation to assign disks, so you should be good.

In any case, it is always good practice to keep a copy of your disk allocation just in case there is a problem and you have to reconfigure the array or pools. A simple screenshot of your Main page can be enough.