CPU Overheating at 4AM Every Night???

newoski

Well, Mover does start at 03:00...

Personally, I would start by opening up the case and cleaning it out.  Particularly, make sure that CPU heat sink is clean.  Then double check that the fans are all running.  That the entry and exit points for the air flow are free of dust and open.  (Most servers' cooling schemes work best if the air flow comes in over the drives and exits out the rear of the case.)

12 minutes ago, newoski said:

Are my drive temps high? Case is clean. Airflow hasn't changed. 

13 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Then double check that the fans are all running. 

Think about it.  High component temperatures are caused by inadequate cooling or high ambient temperatures. You should be able to determine what the drive temperatures are at 04:00-- just get up and look at the server GUI.  I did look at the SMART reports for some of your disks and the parity disk has hit 45C in the past.  That is probably a bit on the high side.  You also have 20HD's in that system. 

I have found that the Docker 'Folding at Home' will really stress your CPU as it will use every available CPU cycle it can gain access to.  It will rise my CPU temperatures more than 20C over normal idle-- and I only have it set to the 'Medium' setting.

32 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

There's nothing logged about CPU overheating, did you clear the FCP error? I believe if you don't clear it it will keep warning.

@JorgeB has a very good point.  You may want to post a question in the FCP plugin support thread about how this warning is being handled.  The fact that the error is being 'detected' when FCP is run (at 04:00) indicates that it is storing the event and reporting it at that time.