UPS service for CyberPower CPS1500AVR

The link that you posted has a back panel picture that has a USB port on the back of it.  Use that port.  

If that picture (or link) is not your actual UPS, you will need to locate a manual for it as some UPS are configurable from the UPS itself.  I also seem to recall that there were some UPS's that used some sort of weird serial/UBS cable...

Look here:

image.png.baeb56efa6a003725a6ee9a6d5424bda.png

It looks like CyberPower has been making UPS's using this same model number when they have, in fact, redesigned the hardware.  I don't know what you know (or can remember in my case) but setting up Serial link was always a bit of challenge.  You have to know the baud rate, number of bits and parity.  You may have to try and find a manual that matches the hardware that you have.

I also seem to recall that not all UBS-to-serial port adapters will work in every application. 

1 minute ago, 0x00000111 said:

It would be a nice to have since this location sustains power outages pretty often.  I'm thinking of having them buy another smaller UPS with a USB port just so unraid can detect power outages and do a graceful shutdown as required.

If you are a paid consultant and charging them by the hour, that could be the cheapest solution!  You might actually want to look for a unit which provides full sine wave output as that is a bit easier on the server's PS.   (It sound like you want to run on the battery for a fair period of time.  I should also point that doing so leaves a risk factor if you restart the server before the battery recharges  and then have second power outage!)

Start here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/74208-apc-smartups-setup/

If you don't find anything that makes it work, try googling   APC UPS not working unraid.net

EDIT:  Or return it and get a Cyberpower UPS.  (I seem to recall that they are more compatible.)  I understand that the apcupsd package that is used in Unraid has nothing to do with  the APC company.  

You can also try the NUT plugin.

Edited by Frank1940
  • Like 1