General question about cache pool

I would have a question, My unraid server is ok for all what is media streamming where I do not need a lot of speed. I wanted to buld another server to be able to have also fast access and be able to use raid functionnalities to get a 10gb read/write speed for my video editing.

With the 6.9, I have been testing a separate cache pool with 12 x 1To 15k SAS drives linked to an unraid share with cache only. I get full speed on this share, but wanted to know if there is any Cons using the system in this way ?

I haven't been testing drive failure and BTRFS Array reconstruction yet.

I'm asking the question because I do not understand why Lime is not giving the choice f directly creating a BTRFS Share ..... So may be I'm missing something

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, chocorem said:

With the 6.9, I have been testing a separate cache pool with 12 x 1To 15k SAS drives linked to an unraid share with cache only. I get full speed on this share, but wanted to know if there is any Cons using the system in this way ?

What raid profile are you using? Raid0/1/10 are considered stable, RAID5/6 still have some issues, though it usually can be used without issues with stable hardware, I do.

5 minutes ago, chocorem said:

why Lime is not giving the choice f directly creating a BTRFS Share

What do you mean? You can create and share a btrfs cache pool for a long time now.