Fix Common Problems - MCE Error

Oct 16 20:17:20 UnRaid kernel: EDAC MC1: 1 CE memory read error on CPU_SrcID#1_Ha#0_Chan#1_DIMM#0 (channel:1 slot:0 page:0x87fa42 offset:0xcc0 grain:32 syndrome:0x0 -  area:DRAM err_code:0001:0091 socket:1 ha:0 channel_mask:2 rank:0)

Bad memory.  You BIOS' event log will probably have more information on which one other than Channel 1, Dimm 0

Thanks for the reply. FWIW, I ran a memtest overnight and all today so far with no errors (3 passes thus far). How many times does memtest need to pass successfully before I can reasonably conclude something? I've read different things. It also says it's running the test on only "socket 1". Cores active:1, 1 total. I have a dual CPUs. I guess there is an option somewhere to run it on the other socket?

Edited by redpill85
4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Unless ECC can be disable in the BIOS Memtest won't find any errors if ECC is correcting them, check system event log in the BIOS/IPMI, there should be more info there.

That is good to know thank you. I did find which DIMM slot in the BIOS event logs that was causing the error.

However, I was getting a message about my CMOS battery dying so I changed that out. I'm no longer getting any memory read errors in BIOS event logs or Fix Common Problems. Has anyone seen a dying CMOS battery cause an issue like this before? Also, one of my system fans stopped working last night after I switched the fan speed in IPMI and then I lost control over fan speed setting altogether. That was fixed as well after I replaced the CMOS battery