Using 1 drive as backup

Hello

I have been using unraid for a couple of weeks now and have been liking it alot.  I currently have my backups rsync to a 1TB USB drive

I just installed a 2TB HDD to store my backups going forward.

I can see the drive under the Unassigned Devices section with the grey box saying format.

Can unraid do the formatting or do I need to run it manually.  

I was hoping I could format and mount in unraid, and just use it as a seperate drive to rsync  to it for backups.  

16 minutes ago, Andreas76 said:

Can unraid do the formatting or do I need to run it manually.  

Install the Unassigned Devices and Unassigned Devices Plus plugins to manage and format the USB.

There is a sample backup script in the Unassigned Devices support thread.  It will backup whatever you designated in the script as soon as you plug in the USB drive.

image.png.a5ba6cfefbac70f4a08084cca0630cca.png

Edited by Hoopster
  • Thanks 1

Helllo Hoopster

Thanks for the reply.  I clearly did not explain myself well.  I  am sorry for that.  I already have that plugin installed

Odd I dont see the Unassigned Devices Plus plugin installed though.  I tried to re-install it and it said it was already installed.  How do you get Unassigned Devices Plus plugin installed?

4 minutes ago, Andreas76 said:

OK i found it now.   (sorry still learning unraid and its oddities)

👍 Docker containers and plugins are all found under the Apps tab (Community Applications) as you now know.

There is a direct way of installing them, but, Apps is the easiest way to find what you are looking for and to just explore what is available.

• Thanks 1