[Help] I'm an idiot, added drive as new instead of replacing old drive

Banana

I hit did a disk clear that added my 8tb replacement for a 4tb failed drive (Disk 10) as 'Disk 11' - How can I remove drive 11, and make it a replacement for the failed drive 10 without getting a "too many wrong and/or missing disks!"

- Drive 10 has failed - 'x'

- Drive 11 is 'Unmountable,- "Unsported partition layout" and pending me clicking the format button.

- Drive 11 needs to replace drive 10

- Unraid says "too many wrongs and/or missing disks!" when I try to unmount Disk 11 for replacement of disk 10 because disk 10 has already failed

My array is at 99% filled.

Do y'all know how I can fix this?

Edited by Banana
spelling

Single parity, 6.8.3.

I've seen your prior quote:

"

Follow the instructions below carefully and ask if there's any doubt.

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply
-Check all assignments and assign any missing disk(s) if needed, like old disk1
-Important - After checking the assignments leave the browser on that page, the "Main" page.

-Open an SSH session/use the console and type (don't copy/paste directly from the forum, as sometimes it can insert extra characters):
```

mdcmd set invalidslot 1 29
```

-Back on the GUI and without refreshing the page, just start the array, do not check the "parity is already valid" box (GUI will still show that data on parity disk(s) will be overwritten, this is normal as it doesn't account for the invalid slot command, but they won't be as long as the procedure was correctly done), disk1 will start rebuilding, disk should mount immediately (probably not in this case) but if it's unmountable don't format, wait for the rebuild to finish (or cancel it) and then run a filesystem check.
"