Run Android VM?

St33zy

Hi All,

I'm sure this is a common enough request, but I am considering using UnRaid for a small home server, and wanted to confirm that what I am looking to do can actually be done. Basically, I know UnRaid supports VMs, and wanted to know whether it was possible, and if so, the best way to run an android installation that I am hoping to use to manage home automation that is currently being handled by my phone. 
I have found a lot of instructions telling me not to run a VM with Bluestacks running within it (fair enough), but less in the way of straightforward and decently simple instructions to make this work.
Is there a simple solution to do this? When I have tried running android in VMWare to test, I didn't have much luck, but I am hoping things might be better when run from a Linux based OS than in a Windows program; or that an alternate solution might already exist within UnRaid that I missed previously.

Thanks in advance for any info.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...