[SOLVED] Setup advice for UPS - lost communication

AceRimmer

Hey Raiders,

I got 2 UPS's out of work. They are both identical models, PowerWalker VI 2000 SC - data sheet here

I don't know much about UPS devices so in wondering if someone can advise what i am doing wrong. The devices have the following:

• Ethernet in
  • Ethernet out
  • USB port

I've tried plugging in the USB (tried 2 different cables to eliminate a faulty cable scenario and tried several USB ports on my motherboard) and i set "type" & "cable" to "USB" but it I keep getting a lost communication error (see reference image below).

I also tried plugging in the "Ethernet out" into a spare gigabit Ethernet port on my motherboard. I set the type to "Ether" and i tried all the "UPS type" options but none of them detected the device either.

I also tried rebooting the server with the USB plugged in to see if its something that needs to be detected during boot but it made no difference. When i plug it into Windows it detects the device immediately and proceeds to install a USB to Serial driver. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by CatMilk
Issue solved by using the NUT plugin
  • 1 year later...