Power Supply - modular or not...

opentoe

I will not have much room in my case after I load it up with 3 5in3's. Everything will be tight, including little space for anything. I just ordered a Corsair 650TX that does not have any modular cables. And I did hear the cables were pretty long. Anyone here ever have issues with all the cables and trying to stuff the ones that aren't needed? Would it be more logical to get a power supply with modular design and only plug in what you need? I was heavily looking at this one, even though it is more money. NOT getting it for the looks, but the modular design, amount of connections and good specs.

NZXT HALE90-650W

nzxt650.jpg

In case you didn't know, there's a modular version of the Corsair 650TX that's only about $20 more than the standard unit:

CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-650HX 650W

I generally deal in cases big enough that the extra cables aren't an issue.  I'll just bundle them up with zip ties or similar somewhere in the bottom of the case.  As long as they don't affect airflow, they don't bother me.  If you are building a SFF (small form factor) server, then modular definitely makes sense.