[SOLVED] Some or all files are unprotected with parity valid ?

ibasaw

hi,

i had a disk failure, bad sector, and after the disk not responding. i removed it physically from the server.

i remove the bad disk for all shares where it was present.

I had moved all content to another one, then i had deleted all content on the failed disk on /mnt/diskx

After i run mover, and do a parity check, result OK : valid

But i got all my shares which are marked: some or all files are unprotected

My content is safe on the new disk, parity is valid, mover was invoke many times, why i got theses mentions on all my shares.

Regards !

the-beast-diagnostics-20201020-0849.zip

Edited by ibasaw

It looks like you currently seem to have 8 drives set up in the array but only 6 physical drives + 2 parity drives.     The missing array drives are being emulated using the combination of the other data drives plus the 2 parity drives.    

A screen shot of the Main tab would confirm this.

5 hours ago, itimpi said:

It looks like you currently seem to have 8 drives set up in the array but only 6 physical drives + 2 parity drives.     The missing array drives are being emulated using the combination of the other data drives plus the 2 parity drives.    

A screen shot of the Main tab would confirm this.

this is right, but these 2 drives are empty, no data left on it...i will replace them soon, but they will be empty and new

Edited by ibasaw