File transfer timeouts.

Hey all,

I've been having a problem for some time now with my unraid setup. Whenever I copy files to the unraid shares from any of my other machines (from linux and windows both), any large transfer, either a single large file or many small files in one transfer, I more often than not get a failed transfer. On the Linux side, I get the error "Connection timed out". I found that using Nextcloud, and Seafiles instead of samba, allowed me to complete transfers just fine... so I suspect it's something to do with samba?

I'm wondering what could cause this? Or where I can dig into logs to find more about what's going on when the timeout occurs?

Assuming it was networking related, I tried adding an Intel NIC to the machine to move away from the onboard Realtek, replaced all my network cables, but there was no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Some additional information... I tried copying files to a share that was on an unassociated drive, instead of the array... and it worked out fine via samba. So wondering if it was something with the array, vs samba, I then tried copying a large folder between two shares on the array, using krusader.. And it would periodically stop, saying 'stalled'. Which I assume, if this occurred during a network transfer, might explain the timeouts?

• 7 months later...

(Just for readers with this issue and find this thread, like I did:)

Same issue here. 2 Linux Mint (Ubuntu technology) machines can´t copy large files to unraid. Stop after around 10gb. (May be a distribution / Linux / Samba issue.)

Now I use syncthing (docker), that does the job.

Krusader and double commander failed for me, too.

File-transfers between unraid shares work fine with the unbalance add-on.

Edited by TheJJJ42
added first line as intro
  • Like 1