[SUPPORT] blakeblackshear - Frigate

7 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I'm not using a Coral TPU for now (only Nvidia card). What should I set for TPU Mapping in the container?

No, as you can read on the docs, GPU is only used for ffmpeg hardware acc. For object detection it uses TensorFlow Lite that runs over CPU or TPU.

https://docs.frigate.video/hardware

https://docs.frigate.video/configuration/detectors

https://docs.frigate.video/configuration/hardware_acceleration

4 hours ago, yayitazale said:

No, as you can read on the docs, GPU is only used for ffmpeg hardware acc. For object detection it uses TensorFlow Lite that runs over CPU or TPU.

https://docs.frigate.video/hardware

https://docs.frigate.video/configuration/detectors

https://docs.frigate.video/configuration/hardware_acceleration

Maybe I’m missing it but I don’t see anything in your link that shows which setting to use for TPU Mapping?

Ok. Thanks.

The link you posted earlier has started me thinking that this docker may not work well without a TPU. Does it cause high cpu usage?

I’m planning to eventually buy a Google Coral USB TPU but was hoping to wait for prices to drop. Currently the TPU’s are selling for more than 400% of their regular price. And only available from Japan.

30 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Ok. Thanks.

The link you posted earlier has started me thinking that this docker may not work well without a TPU. Does it cause high cpu usage?

I’m planning to eventually buy a Google Coral USB TPU but was hoping to wait for prices to drop. Currently the TPU’s are selling for more than 400% of their regular price. And only available from Japan.

For just one or two camera it can be feasable but yes, it eats CPU really quickly. There is almost no stock on the pci and usb TPUs, we all are waiting but the chip shortage is hitting hard.

Just now, yayitazale said:

For just one or two camera it can be feasable but yes, it eats CPU really quickly. There is almost no stock on the pci and usb TPUs, we all are waiting but the chip shortage is hitting hard.

Thanks for the advice. I found one new TPU available in the US on eBay. I’m going to go ahead and bight the bullet. I’m only using two cameras currently but I want to keep the CPU load as low as possible.

With a USB TPU connected to my server the TPU Mapping will be “/dev/bus/usb” right?

2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Thanks for the advice. I found one new TPU available in the US on eBay. I’m going to go ahead and bight the bullet. I’m only using two cameras currently but I want to keep the CPU load as low as possible.

With a USB TPU connected to my server the TPU Mapping will be “/dev/bus/usb” right?

Yes

This question isn’t strictly about this docker but I didn’t get any replies when I posted it in the general support.

Has anyone been able to configure this docker to run on a separate VLAN from the unRAID server? I have a special VLAN setup on my pfsense firewall for my security cameras and would prefer to run this docker with an IP address on the same VLAN to reduce traffic through the router. I have spare gigabit nics I could use for this, just no idea how to configure it in unRAID.

14 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

This question isn’t strictly about this docker but I didn’t get any replies when I posted it in the general support.

Has anyone been able to configure this docker to run on a separate VLAN from the unRAID server? I have a special VLAN setup on my pfsense firewall for my security cameras and would prefer to run this docker with an IP address on the same VLAN to reduce traffic through the router. I have spare gigabit nics I could use for this, just no idea how to configure it in unRAID.

I'm not an expert but you can solve that creating docker networks on each VLAN and using that netwroks instead of regular bridge.

https://docs.docker.com/network/ipvlan/

I finally got my TPU in today but can't seem to get the docker to start.

docker run-

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='frigate-nvidia' --net='eth1' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_5000'='5000' -e 'TCP_PORT_1935'='1935' -e 'FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD'='F2v7XjoLqvhoZ5e4cJ' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-b4602330-5b21-6f5e-bbc1-1107747562ec' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/frigate-nvidia':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/frigate/':'/media/frigate':'rw' -v '/tmp/frigate':'/tmp/cache':'rw' -v '/etc/localtime':'/etc/localtime':'rw' --device='/dev/bus/usb' --rm --runtime=nvidia --shm-size=5G 'blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-amd64nvidia'

c2e53bc6ddd3c4ec1c6b01bdbecef1c332a2fa2be2f47de370fd1a94a30b4ead

The command finished successfully!

config.yml

mqtt:
  host: 10.0.1.23
  user: mqtt
  password: T87N4FFuYcM78fnX3Rz7boJyQ8m6

detectors:
  coral:
    type: edgetpu
    device: usb

cameras:
  doorbell:
    ffmpeg:
      input_args:
        - -c:v
        - h264_cuvid
      output_args:
        - -filter:v
        - fps=fps=5
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://frigate:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/102/?transportmode=unicast
          roles:
            - detect
        - path: rtsp://frigate:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101/?transportmode=unicast
          roles:
            - snapshots
            - record
    width: 2048
    height: 1536
    fps: 5
    objects:
      track:
        - person
        - car
        - motorcycle
    snapshots:
      enabled: True
      timestamp: True
      bounding_box: True
      retain:
        default: 14
    clips:
      retain:

It appears to install properly and as long as I don't start the docker I can see it in my docker tab but as soon as I start it I get an orphan image.

Also, how do I access the frigate dashboard?

Followup: I switched the docker to host rather than the custom VLAN I wanted to use and once again it appeared to start. Now I see this in the logs just before it reverts to an orphan image again-

e":"No such container: e879f9ccde84"}

Another followup 😁:

Finally got the docker to install by doing a fresh install. Did a bunch of editing to config.yml to fix errors that I got from following an outdated youtube video. Current config.yml-

mqtt:

detectors:
  coral:

cameras:
  doorbell:
    ffmpeg:
#      input_args:
#        - -c:v
#        - h264_cuvid
#      output_args:
#        - -filter:v
#        - fps=fps=5
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://frigate:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101/?transportmode=unicast
          roles:
            - detect
            - rtmp
#        - path: rtsp://frigate:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101/?transportmode=unicast
#          roles:
#            - snapshots
#            - record
    detect:
#    objects:
#      track:
#        - person
#        - car
#        - motorcycle
#    snapshots:
#      enabled: True
#      timestamp: True
#      bounding_box: True
#      retain:
#        default: 14
#    clips:
#      enabled: True
#      timestamp: True
#      bounding_box: True
#      retain:
#        default: 14

Now I'm seeing an error that my TPU isn't found-

[2022-01-27 18:30:16] frigate.edgetpu ERROR : No EdgeTPU was detected. If you do not have a Coral device yet, you must configure CPU detectors.
[2022-01-27 18:30:07] watchdog.doorbell ERROR : FFMPEG process crashed unexpectedly for doorbell.
[2022-01-27 18:30:07] watchdog.doorbell ERROR : The following ffmpeg logs include the last 100 lines prior to exit.
[2022-01-27 18:30:07] watchdog.doorbell ERROR : You may have invalid args defined for this camera.

When I run lsusb on the server I get this-

root@Brunnhilde:~# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp. 
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8008 Intel Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 010: ID 18d1:9302 Google Inc. 
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 1e91:a2a5   Elite Pro USB
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 1e91:a2a5 ASMedia Mercury Elite Pro USB Hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0930:6544 Toshiba Corp. TransMemory-Mini / Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 Stick
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0557:2419 ATEN International Co., Ltd 
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0557:7000 ATEN International Co., Ltd Hub
Bus 003 Device 008: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
root@Brunnhilde:~# 

Pretty sure Bus 003 Device 010 is the TPU. If I remove it the USB entry is gone. Do I need to reboot?

Do I need to install drivers for the TPU?

Edited by wgstarks
21 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I finally got my TPU in today but can't seem to get the docker to start.

docker run-

config.yml

mqtt:

detectors:
  coral:

cameras:
  doorbell:
    ffmpeg:
      input_args:
        - -c:v
        - h264_cuvid
      output_args:
        - -filter:v
        - fps=fps=5
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://frigate:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/102/?transportmode=unicast
          roles:
            - detect
          roles:
            - snapshots
            - record
    objects:
      track:
        - person
        - car
        - motorcycle
    snapshots:
      retain:
    clips:
      retain:

It appears to install properly and as long as I don't start the docker I can see it in my docker tab but as soon as I start it I get an orphan image.

Also, how do I access the frigate dashboard?

Delete the --rm to avoid the delete of the container when stoped. The dashboard acces is made at port 5000, you can just click on the container and go to "web UI":

imagen.png.3ac50468e1f32c8f5bb0dbc9f7df0d65.png

21 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Followup: I switched the docker to host rather than the custom VLAN I wanted to use and once again it appeared to start. Now I see this in the logs just before it reverts to an orphan image again-

This is again a problem generated by a incorrect deploy of your cotainer. Remove the --rm argument.

18 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Installed the Coral Drivers plugin even though the first post implies that its not needed for the USB model. TPU is now being detected.

The Coral Driver is not doing anything, the communication with the USB coral is done without using that drivers. The error you post is something that happens sometimes wiht USB corals, it gets stuck if you restart the container too often. You just need to unplug it from the USB for ~10sec and plug it again, restart the container and it will be working again.

16 hours ago, shadowbert said:

I'm setting this up for the first time, and I've noticed the description are dead (specifically, the example config and the device specific info).

Does anyone have an up to date link for these? Can we get the description updated?

Thanks.

Changed the links.

All the info is here: https://docs.frigate.video

And config file example: https://docs.frigate.video/configuration/index/

21 minutes ago, yayitazale said:

Delete the --rm to avoid the delete of the container when stoped. The dashboard acces is made at port 5000, you can just click on the container and go to "web UI":

Deleting —rm got the container running but I’m still having trouble with the custom network. When I start the docker I get this in the log-

[Errno 113] No route to host
[cmd] python3 exited 1
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

If I set the network to “host” the docker is running as expected but I would prefer to run the docker on the same VLAN as the security cameras so that I can minimize traffic through the router. I’m hoping I just have something mis-configured.

Docker run-

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='frigate-nvidia' --net='eth1' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_5000'='5000' -e 'TCP_PORT_1935'='1935' -e 'FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD'='************' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-b4602330-5b21-6f5e-bbc1-1107747562ec' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='compute,utility,video' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/frigate-nvidia':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/frigate/':'/media/frigate':'rw' -v '/tmp/frigate':'/tmp/cache':'rw' -v '/etc/localtime':'/etc/localtime':'rw' --device='/dev/bus/usb' --runtime=nvidia --shm-size=5G 'blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-amd64nvidia' 
ba08df50944c422a82c9f58c3fc8430033b5d74f56c1babbd2cbb9b70a44e32d

On 1/28/2022 at 9:29 PM, wgstarks said:

Deleting —rm got the container running but I’m still having trouble with the custom network. When I start the docker I get this in the log-

[Errno 113] No route to host
[cmd] python3 exited 1
[cont-finish.d] done.

If I set the network to “host” the docker is running as expected but I would prefer to run the docker on the same VLAN as the security cameras so that I can minimize traffic through the router. I’m hoping I just have something mis-configured.

Docker run-

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='frigate-nvidia' --net='eth1' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_5000'='5000' -e 'TCP_PORT_1935'='1935' -e 'FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD'='************' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-b4602330-5b21-6f5e-bbc1-1107747562ec' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='compute,utility,video' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/frigate-nvidia':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/frigate/':'/media/frigate':'rw' -v '/tmp/frigate':'/tmp/cache':'rw' -v '/etc/localtime':'/etc/localtime':'rw' --device='/dev/bus/usb' --runtime=nvidia --shm-size=5G 'blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-amd64nvidia' 
ba08df50944c422a82c9f58c3fc8430033b5d74f56c1babbd2cbb9b70a44e32d

I can't help you with custom modifications. I don't know how is your custom network configured on docker networks and on your firewall...

2 hours ago, yayitazale said:

I can't help you with custom modifications. I don't know how is your custom network configured on docker networks and on your firewall...

I got it worked out (thanks for the reply though). The network was all configured correctly, I had applied all the VLAN settings to the wrong nic though.😁

Only took me a couple of days to find the problem. 😏

• 3 weeks later...

Had an issue earlier today where frigate shutdown with an error that no TPU was detected. I'm not sure why that happened but I rebooted the server thinking that the docker would see the TPU after startup. The error persisted though so I checked from terminal.

Bus 003 Device 008: ID 0930:6544 Toshiba Corp. TransMemory-Mini / Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 Stick
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 1e91:a2a5   Elite Pro USB
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 1e91:a2a5 ASMedia Mercury Elite Pro USB Hub
Bus 003 Device 009: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC

Bus 003 Device 010 is the Google Coral USB TPU.

After several more restarts of the docker the TPU was finally detected but I still have no idea what is causing this?

Frigate log-

Process detector:coral:
[2022-02-16 21:10:17] frigate.edgetpu ERROR : No EdgeTPU was detected. If you do not have a Coral device yet, you must configure CPU detectors.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 160, in load_delegate
delegate = Delegate(library, options)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 119, in __init__
raise ValueError(capture.message)
ValueError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/process.py", line 315, in _bootstrap
self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/process.py", line 108, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "/opt/frigate/frigate/edgetpu.py", line 156, in run_detector
object_detector = LocalObjectDetector(
File "/opt/frigate/frigate/edgetpu.py", line 64, in __init__
edge_tpu_delegate = load_delegate("libedgetpu.so.1.0", device_config)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 162, in load_delegate
raise ValueError('Failed to load delegate from {}\n{}'.format(

ValueError: Failed to load delegate from libedgetpu.so.1.0

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 226
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Output process started: 228
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] ws4py INFO : Using epoll
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for front_sidewalk: 232
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for driveway: 235
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for front_sidewalk: 236
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.edgetpu ERROR : No EdgeTPU was detected. If you do not have a Coral device yet, you must configure CPU detectors.

[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for driveway: 239
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 160, in load_delegate
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 119, in __init__
ValueError

self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 162, in load_delegate

[2022-02-17 19:45:48] ws4py INFO : Managing websocket [Local => 127.0.0.1:5002 | Remote => 127.0.0.1:33704]
[2022-02-17 19:46:06] frigate.watchdog INFO : Detection appears to have stopped. Exiting frigate...
[2022-02-17 19:46:06] ws4py INFO : Terminating websocket [Local => 127.0.0.1:5002 | Remote => 127.0.0.1:33704]
[cont-finish.d] done.

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 225
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Output process started: 227
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for front_sidewalk: 230
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for driveway: 233
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for front_sidewalk: 235
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for driveway: 236
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] ws4py INFO : Using epoll
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.edgetpu ERROR : No EdgeTPU was detected. If you do not have a Coral device yet, you must configure CPU detectors.

ValueError

self.run()

[2022-02-17 19:48:18] frigate.watchdog INFO : Detection appears to have stopped. Exiting frigate...
[cont-finish.d] done.

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 20:08:52] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:08:52] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:08:52] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 20:08:59] frigate.mqtt ERROR : Unable to connect to MQTT server: [Errno 111] Connection refused

[Errno 111] Connection refused
[cmd] python3 exited 1
[cont-finish.d] done.

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 226
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] ws4py INFO : Using epoll
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Output process started: 228
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for front_sidewalk: 232
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for driveway: 234
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for front_sidewalk: 236
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for driveway: 237
[2022-02-17 20:13:03] frigate.edgetpu ERROR : No EdgeTPU was detected. If you do not have a Coral device yet, you must configure CPU detectors.

ValueError

self.run()

[2022-02-17 20:13:04] frigate.watchdog INFO : Detection appears to have stopped. Exiting frigate...
[cont-finish.d] done.

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 226
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Output process started: 228
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] ws4py INFO : Using epoll
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for front_sidewalk: 233
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for driveway: 234
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for front_sidewalk: 236
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for driveway: 237
[2022-02-17 20:14:35] frigate.edgetpu INFO : TPU found
[2022-02-17 20:16:00] ws4py INFO : Managing websocket [Local => 127.0.0.1:8082 | Remote => 127.0.0.1:38634]
[2022-02-17 20:16:42] ws4py INFO : Terminating websocket [Local => 127.0.0.1:8082 | Remote => 127.0.0.1:38634]

Hello together,

i have the issue, that every time i reboot my server.

Firgate is looking into the template and recovers the variable "Intel/AMD GPU mapping: /dev/dri/renderD128"

Because of this device doesn't exist on my server the container won't start up and i have to manually edit the container...

maybe someone has a solution...

thanks

Chris

6 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Had an issue earlier today where frigate shutdown with an error that no TPU was detected. I'm not sure why that happened but I rebooted the server thinking that the docker would see the TPU after startup. The error persisted though so I checked from terminal.

Bus 003 Device 008: ID 0930:6544 Toshiba Corp. TransMemory-Mini / Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 Stick
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 1e91:a2a5   Elite Pro USB
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 1e91:a2a5 ASMedia Mercury Elite Pro USB Hub
Bus 003 Device 009: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC

Bus 003 Device 010 is the Google Coral USB TPU.

After several more restarts of the docker the TPU was finally detected but I still have no idea what is causing this?

Frigate log-

[2022-02-16 21:10:17] frigate.edgetpu ERROR : No EdgeTPU was detected. If you do not have a Coral device yet, you must configure CPU detectors.

ValueError

self.run()

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 226
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Output process started: 228
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for front_sidewalk: 232
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for driveway: 235
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for front_sidewalk: 236
[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.edgetpu ERROR : No EdgeTPU was detected. If you do not have a Coral device yet, you must configure CPU detectors.

[2022-02-17 19:45:46] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for driveway: 239
ValueError

self.run()

[2022-02-17 19:45:48] ws4py INFO : Managing websocket [Local => 127.0.0.1:5002 | Remote => 127.0.0.1:33704]
[2022-02-17 19:46:06] frigate.watchdog INFO : Detection appears to have stopped. Exiting frigate...
[2022-02-17 19:46:06] ws4py INFO : Terminating websocket [Local => 127.0.0.1:5002 | Remote => 127.0.0.1:33704]
[cont-finish.d] done.

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 225
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Output process started: 227
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for front_sidewalk: 230
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for driveway: 233
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for front_sidewalk: 235
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for driveway: 236
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
[2022-02-17 19:47:58] frigate.edgetpu ERROR : No EdgeTPU was detected. If you do not have a Coral device yet, you must configure CPU detectors.

ValueError

self.run()

[2022-02-17 19:48:18] frigate.watchdog INFO : Detection appears to have stopped. Exiting frigate...
[cont-finish.d] done.

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 20:08:52] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:08:52] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:08:52] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 20:08:59] frigate.mqtt ERROR : Unable to connect to MQTT server: [Errno 111] Connection refused

[Errno 111] Connection refused
[cmd] python3 exited 1
[cont-finish.d] done.

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 226
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Output process started: 228
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for front_sidewalk: 232
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for driveway: 234
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for front_sidewalk: 236
[2022-02-17 20:12:34] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for driveway: 237
[2022-02-17 20:13:03] frigate.edgetpu ERROR : No EdgeTPU was detected. If you do not have a Coral device yet, you must configure CPU detectors.

ValueError

self.run()

[2022-02-17 20:13:04] frigate.watchdog INFO : Detection appears to have stopped. Exiting frigate...
[cont-finish.d] done.

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608)
Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 226
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Output process started: 228
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for front_sidewalk: 233
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for driveway: 234
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for front_sidewalk: 236
[2022-02-17 20:14:32] frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for driveway: 237
[2022-02-17 20:14:35] frigate.edgetpu INFO : TPU found
[2022-02-17 20:16:00] ws4py INFO : Managing websocket [Local => 127.0.0.1:8082 | Remote => 127.0.0.1:38634]
[2022-02-17 20:16:42] ws4py INFO : Terminating websocket [Local => 127.0.0.1:8082 | Remote => 127.0.0.1:38634]

USB TPUs sometimens freezes. You need to unplug and plug it again.

20 minutes ago, cmeyer86 said:

Hello together,

i have the issue, that every time i reboot my server.

Firgate is looking into the template and recovers the variable "Intel/AMD GPU mapping: /dev/dri/renderD128"

Because of this device doesn't exist on my server the container won't start up and i have to manually edit the container...

maybe someone has a solution...

thanks

Chris

Not sure but this doesn't happen on reboots, only when you recreate/update your container.

6 hours ago, yayitazale said:

Not sure but this doesn't happen on reboots, only when you recreate/update your container.

You are right - just tried it right now...

So after Update or Editing of the container...
for example too, if the container is automatically updated (by the plugin CA Auto Update Applications)

so can we turn this behavior off?

mfg

Chris

Im really struggling with maintaining a clean config.yml for this.   Is anyone aware of a script or application that will generate a basic config.yml based upon inputs?   

Its works, but its super-ugly, and yaml tab and spacing requirements is killing me.  

Here are my basic desires:

Specs: 8 4k cameras, 7 1080p cameras

0) Feed events to mqtt

1) Use my coral

2) Use quicksync for ffmpeg decode to reduce cpu use

3) Detect vehicles, cats, people

4) Detect on 1080P substreams of each camera at 5fps

5) Record clips at native full-stream resolution for playback

6) Record 24/7 in addition to a different location.   

Edited by jbrukardt