ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101
          roles:
            - detect
            - rtmp
            - clips
objects:
  # Optional: list of objects to track from labelmap.txt (default: shown below)
  track:
    - person
    - car
    - cat
    - dog
    - bird
snapshots:
  # Optional: Enable writing jpg snapshot to /media/frigate/clips (default: shown below)
  # This value can be set via MQTT and will be updated in startup based on retained value
  enabled: true
  # Optional: print a timestamp on the snapshots (default: shown below)
  timestamp: False
  # Optional: draw bounding box on the snapshots (default: shown below)
  bounding_box: False
  # Optional: crop the snapshot (default: shown below)
  crop: False
  # Optional: Restrict snapshots to objects that entered any of the listed zones (default: no required zones)
  required_zones: []
  # Optional: Camera override for retention settings (default: global values)
  retain:
    # Required: Default retention days (default: shown below)
    default: 10
    # Optional: Per object retention days
    objects:
      person: 15
clips:
   retain:
     defualt: 15
# Optional: Detectors configuration. Defaults to a single CPU detector
detectors:
  # Required: name of the detector
  coral:
    # Required: type of the detector
    # Valid values are 'edgetpu' (requires device property below) and 'cpu'.
    type: edgetpu
    # Optional: device name as defined here: https://coral.ai/docs/edgetpu/multiple-edgetpu/#using-the-tensorflow-lite-python-api
    device: usb

18 minutes ago, gareth_iowc said:

Thanks that worked :)

I would like to review short videos clips of the events and have added

clips:
  retain:

but frigate wont start with that added

mqtt:
  host: 10.10.50.8
cameras:
  back:
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101
          roles:
            - detect
            - rtmp
            - clips
objects:
  # Optional: list of objects to track from labelmap.txt (default: shown below)
  track:
    - person
    - car
    - cat
    - dog
    - bird
snapshots:
  # Optional: Enable writing jpg snapshot to /media/frigate/clips (default: shown below)
  # This value can be set via MQTT and will be updated in startup based on retained value
  # Optional: print a timestamp on the snapshots (default: shown below)
  timestamp: False
  # Optional: draw bounding box on the snapshots (default: shown below)
  bounding_box: False
  # Optional: crop the snapshot (default: shown below)
  crop: False
  # Optional: Restrict snapshots to objects that entered any of the listed zones (default: no required zones)
  required_zones: []
  # Optional: Camera override for retention settings (default: global values)
  retain:
    # Required: Default retention days (default: shown below)
    default: 10
    # Optional: Per object retention days
    objects:
      person: 15
clips:
   retain:
# Optional: Detectors configuration. Defaults to a single CPU detector
detectors:
  # Required: name of the detector
  coral:
    # Required: type of the detector
    # Valid values are 'edgetpu' (requires device property below) and 'cpu'.
    type: edgetpu
    # Optional: device name as defined here: https://coral.ai/docs/edgetpu/multiple-edgetpu/#using-the-tensorflow-lite-python-api
    device: usb

CLIPS no longer exist, they were removed from the code in the most current versions, now the clips are already integrated into RECORD

See how I currently use RECORD so that it leaves the event recordings (CLIPS in the past) for certain days that I choose.

The solution is to remove all that part of the CLIPS code

Example:

record:
      enabled: True        
      retain:
        days: 5
        mode: all
      events: 
        retain:
          default: 5
          mode: motion

• Like 2
On 8/9/2022 at 8:55 AM, ich777 said:

Please keep me update if it works after doing that and if the temperatures are stable.

OK after disabling the temp shutdown it still fails exactly when the txt files says -89.70C, so disabling the shutdown still has no effect on this. I have talked to the company that I bought it from and the suspect a faulty coral, but now I'm no so sure as @ssjucrono has the same fault as me? both cant have the same fault surly? 

I'm trying to get the home assustant frigate plugin to work but it's not connecting

Log Details (ERROR)
This error originated from a custom integration.
Logger: custom_components.frigate.api
Source: custom_components/frigate/api.py:51
Integration: frigate (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 17:24:59 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:24:59

Timeout error fetching information from http://10.10.10.14:5000/api/stats:

The ip is reachable from home assistant -

Capture.JPG.3b978aef5944b9a110e8b3fc9f407989.JPG

any ideas?

On 8/11/2022 at 12:52 PM, AdvancedMobileRepairs said:

OK after disabling the temp shutdown it still fails exactly when the txt files says -89.70C, so disabling the shutdown still has no effect on this. I have talked to the company that I bought it from and the suspect a faulty coral, but now I'm no so sure as @ssjucrono has the same fault as me? both cant have the same fault surly? 

I have the exact same issue on Ubuntu 22.04.  I think its something else with the Coral.  Nothing I have tried has fixed it.  This includes the pcie_aspm=off kernel command line options as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I added pci=noaer pcie_aspm=off to my unraid OS section. It seemed like it was working better but after about an hour or so the whole server just stops responding

So now it works for a bit but then my whole server stops responding. I cannot SSH webgui nothing. I have to hard reboot it by holding the power button. I also don't think I can see logs as I have to reboot so I don't get the syslog.

I thought I was on the right path but I guess not.

3 minutes ago, Bruceflix said:

How do you add Nvidia details to it?

You just need to delete the intel gpu enviroment, the nvidia gpus are now added from extra parameters and it's already in.

Anyway, if you want to passtrought a specific GPU, you can delete the extra parameter 

--gpus all

And add the enviroment entrys following this steps

Edited by yayitazale

I just uninstalled the old frigate, and reinstalled the new one.

However I am getting an error

docker: Error response from daemon: could not select device driver "" with capabilities: [[gpu]].

My googling says its related to the nvidia, however i am only using the USB Corel.

So I installed the nvidia drivers even though I don't have any 
but now have the following error

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: 
Running hook #0:: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: Auto-detected mode as 'legacy'
nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: nvml error: driver not loaded: unknown.

12 minutes ago, craigmate said:

I just uninstalled the old frigate, and reinstalled the new one.

However I am getting an error

docker: Error response from daemon: could not select device driver "" with capabilities: [[gpu]].

My googling says its related to the nvidia, however i am only using the USB Corel.

So I installed the nvidia drivers even though I don't have any 
but now have the following error

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: 
Running hook #0:: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: Auto-detected mode as 'legacy'
nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: nvml error: driver not loaded: unknown.

Can you try to run it deleting the --gpus=all entry on extra parameters?

• Thanks 1

Hi , I have just  followed the instruction Breaking Changes Removed the app and installed the latest. Now  Frigate will not load Executive Error. everything was fine before , reverted back to 0.11.0 RC1 and still have the same . There are no logs to advice what the problem is. Could you give me some guidance please.

8 minutes ago, mikey6283 said:

Hi , I have just  followed the instruction Breaking Changes Removed the app and installed the latest. Now  Frigate will not load Executive Error. everything was fine before , reverted back to 0.11.0 RC1 and still have the same . There are no logs to advice what the problem is. Could you give me some guidance please.

Are you pointing to the right path of config file? Are your port not allocated in another container?

Edited by yayitazale

I have the same issue as they are describing recently about the `gpus`. 

I removed the `--gpus all` from the extra arguments, but it seems to fail now due to an ffmpeg issue:

[2022-09-23 02:55:00] frigate.video ERROR : salon: Unable to read frames from ffmpeg process.
[2022-09-23 02:55:00] frigate.video ERROR : despacho: Unable to read frames from ffmpeg process.
[2022-09-23 02:55:00] frigate.video ERROR : salon: ffmpeg process is not running. exiting capture thread...
[2022-09-23 02:55:00] frigate.video ERROR : despacho: ffmpeg process is not running. exiting capture thread...

I've deleted and reinstalled the newest version, so it is not an update of the previous version 

Edit1: I removed the hardware acceleration entries from the config, and now it seems to be working, but definitely, this version seems to break some compatibility with some devices right now :) Thanks anyways for updating it!

Edited by Bertt09
Adding more info
14 minutes ago, Bertt09 said:

I have the same issue as they are describing recently about the `gpus`. 

I removed the `--gpus all` from the extra arguments, but it seems to fail now due to an ffmpeg issue:

[2022-09-23 02:55:00] frigate.video ERROR : salon: Unable to read frames from ffmpeg process.
[2022-09-23 02:55:00] frigate.video ERROR : despacho: Unable to read frames from ffmpeg process.
[2022-09-23 02:55:00] frigate.video ERROR : salon: ffmpeg process is not running. exiting capture thread...
[2022-09-23 02:55:00] frigate.video ERROR : despacho: ffmpeg process is not running. exiting capture thread...

I've deleted and reinstalled the newest version, so it is not an update of the previous version 

Edit1: I removed the hardware acceleration entries from the config, and now it seems to be working, but definitely, this version seems to break some compatibility with some devices right now :) Thanks anyways for updating it!

Maybe you are having a issue related with this breaking change:

Update to ffmpeg5 will break any custom input arguments using the stimeout parameter. This needs to be renamed to timeout in your config.