[SUPPORT] blakeblackshear - Frigate

1 hour ago, corgan said:

Hello,

i updated today for the first time since october.. Seam that there has been some gib changes.

Im wondewring how to get the nvenc nvidia stuff to work?

https://blakeblackshear.github.io/frigate/configuration/nvdec

Im running the Unraid Nvidia 6.8.3. I could manage to get the docker files from blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-amd64nvidia but have to idea how to set the settings from the docs^^

Also i noticed, that im running frigate version 0.8.4-5043040. The latest release is 1.x something. Is this because of the nvidia version, or is this container just outdated?

thanks, greetz Stefan

As you can read on the original post and the container description itself:

I will add a separated nvidia version once Unraid 6.9.0 is released with the new nvidia app.

This is because I'm currently using Unraid DVB and I can't test the nvidia version of this app. The current container is only intended to be used with a Coral Edge TPU so I can't help you with the docs yet. You can try to build your own custom container poiting to the "blakeblackshear/frigate:0.8.4-amd64nvidia" release and following the instructions.

Anyway, the update from 0.7.X to 0.8.0 was a mayor and breaking change update:

This release is a monster. If upgrading from 0.7.x, I recommend starting with a fresh config file. There are several breaking changes to the config. See updated docs linked in the readme.

If you are coming from a pre 0.8.0 release please start from scratch creating a new config file and adding the cameras one by one following the new instructions from https://blakeblackshear.github.io/frigate/

The last stable release of frigate is the 0.8.4 as you can see https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate/releases/ so you are on the latest one.

Edited by yayitazale
On 2/19/2021 at 12:09 PM, ich777 said:

I released now a Plugin for Unraid 6.9.0rc2 and up so that the installation of the Drivers is as easy as going to the CA App and search for 'Coral-Driver'.

It will take about an hour to show up in the CA App and you also have to be on Unraid 6.9.0rc2 to see the package in the CA App.

Upgraded to 6.9.0 stable and I noticed the TPU drivers weren't loaded, I'm guessing an update is needed?  I tried the reinstall..

plugin: installing: https://github.com/ich777/unraid-coral-driver/raw/master/coral-driver.plg
plugin: downloading https://github.com/ich777/unraid-coral-driver/raw/master/coral-driver.plg
plugin: downloading: https://github.com/ich777/unraid-coral-driver/raw/master/coral-driver.plg ... done

----Download is empty please contact the developer of this plugin if the-----
----------plugin has been already built against that Kernel version----------
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Thanks!

21 hours ago, yayitazale said:

As you can read on the original post and the container description itself:

This is because I'm currently using Unraid DVB and I can't test the nvidia version of this app. The current container is only intended to be used with a Coral Edge TPU so I can't help you with the docs yet. You can try to build your own custom container poiting to the "blakeblackshear/frigate:0.8.4-amd64nvidia" release and following the instructions.

Anyway, the update from 0.7.X to 0.8.0 was a mayor and breaking change update:

If you are coming from a pre 0.8.0 release please start from scratch creating a new config file and adding the cameras one by one following the new instructions from https://blakeblackshear.github.io/frigate/

The last stable release of frigate is the 0.8.4 as you can see https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate/releases/ so you are on the latest one.

Thanks for the Infos and your work!

4 hours ago, digiblur said:

Upgraded to 6.9.0 stable and I noticed the TPU drivers weren't loaded, I'm guessing an update is needed?  I tried the reinstall..

Sorry, Unraid was released about 2AM local time and I was sleeping, when I read the notification from my server that Unraid 6.9.0 was released I jumped out of bed and started building all the plugins that I got and now everything should work fine.

You have to give me a little time to actually build the Plugins again if a new version of Unraid is released.

Please now try to reinstall it and all should be working now. ;)

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry, Unraid was released about 2AM local time and I was sleeping, when I read the notification from my server that Unraid 6.9.0 was released I jumped out of bed and started building all the plugins that I got and now everything should work fine.

You have to give me a little time to actually build the Plugins again if a new version of Unraid is released.

Same here, I'm updating right now so I will test everything this morning. Fore the Nvidia versión, I will give a try this weekend.

• Like 1
On 11/19/2020 at 10:34 PM, whoisdecoy said:

Alright, so i’ve received the mini PCIe card and since I don’t have a mini slot, i’m using a mini PCIe to PCIe adapter.

I have it showing up in my PCIe devices:

IOMMU group 8: [1ac1:089a] 01:00.0 Non-VGA unclassified device: Global Unichip Corp. Coral Edge TPU

Does not show up in VM device options:

63c21d15e89e365b96bca5c5462231ed4e4d485e.thumb.png.1605e86fd0fc324947661c727f8fa729.png

Also not seeing anything useful in /dev/:

476029465_ScreenShot2020-11-19at20_31_10.thumb.png.fc5a3024a15408c55342d1f54ea4cc5a.png

Perhaps a custom kernel with drivers? https://coral.ai/docs/m2/get-started#2a-on-linux

Getting cheaper in terms of time to return and get the USB version. Anyone have ideas?

What pixie adapter are you using. It seem only certain ones will work with the TPU?

11 hours ago, yayitazale said:

Same here, I'm updating right now so I will test everything this morning. Fore the Nvidia versión, I will give a try this weekend.

I have some issues with the hard. accel using the intel /dev/dri/. Uncommenting all the ffmpeg from the config file is working but with no hard. accel.

I need to do more test to solve this out.

22 hours ago, ich777 said:

Works great! Thanks for your awesome dedication! 

I wasn't in a rush as I could have rolled back if it was a massive issue. I usually wait a week or so typically on upgrades. 

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 12:34 AM, whoisdecoy said:

Had to order a mini-pci to pci-e 'cause I didn't even realize that mini pci was a thing...

Would you be able to share which one you purchased as I purchased both the m2 and mini pci and it won't fit in my laptop, so need to re use in another machine.

Resolved:   I used the following to fix the issue:   forcing it to use cpu

detectors:
  # Required: name of the detector
  coral:
    # Required: type of the detector
    # Valid values are 'edgetpu' (requires device property below) and 'cpu'.
    type: cpu 

I am just starting with Frigate as a docker in Unraid.  I created a bare bones config.yml and have worked through a few issues from google searches.  I am running 6.9 stable

It looks likes it trying to use coral  , but I don't have one.   I thought it would use CPU if it did not find a coral device.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Starting migrations
peewee_migrate INFO : Starting migrations
There is nothing to migrate
peewee_migrate INFO : There is nothing to migrate
frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 37
Process detector:coral:
frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for back: 40
frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
frigate.edgetpu INFO : No EdgeTPU detected.
frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for back: 42
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 152, in load_delegate
delegate = Delegate(library, options)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 111, in __init__
raise ValueError(capture.message)
ValueError

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/process.py", line 315, in _bootstrap
self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/process.py", line 108, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "/opt/frigate/frigate/edgetpu.py", line 124, in run_detector
object_detector = LocalObjectDetector(tf_device=tf_device, num_threads=num_threads)
File "/opt/frigate/frigate/edgetpu.py", line 63, in __init__
edge_tpu_delegate = load_delegate('libedgetpu.so.1.0', device_config)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 154, in load_delegate
raise ValueError('Failed to load delegate from {}\n{}'.format(
ValueError: Failed to load delegate from libedgetpu.so.1.0

frigate.watchdog INFO : Detection appears to have stopped. Exiting frigate...
frigate.app INFO : Stopping...
frigate.events INFO : Exiting event cleanup...
frigate.events INFO : Exiting event processor...
frigate.record INFO : Exiting recording maintenance...
frigate.object_processing INFO : Exiting object processor...
frigate.watchdog INFO : Exiting watchdog...
frigate.stats INFO : Exiting watchdog...
peewee.sqliteq INFO : writer received shutdown request, exiting.
root INFO : Waiting for detection process to exit gracefully...

here is my config.yml

mqtt:
  host: 192.168.0.8
  port: 1883
  topic_prefix: frigate
  client_id: frigate
  user: username
  password: password
   # Optional: interval in seconds for publishing stats (default: shown below)
  stats_interval: 60
cameras:
  back:
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://viewer:{FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD}@192.168.0.181:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true
          roles:
            - detect
            - rtmp
    width: 1280
    height: 720
    fps: 5

thanks

Edited by dbrown2

Ok, another question:

Now that I have it running the log files looks good.   When I browse to the http://IP:5000 I get a blank white page.   Is that normal?

* Starting nginx nginx
...done.
frigate.app INFO : Creating tmpfs of size 256m
Starting migrations
detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 39
frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for back: 42
frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for back: 43

11 hours ago, dbrown2 said:

Ok, another question:

Now that I have it running the log files looks good.   When I browse to the http://IP:5000 I get a blank white page.   Is that normal?

* Starting nginx nginx
...done.
frigate.app INFO : Creating tmpfs of size 256m
Starting migrations
detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 39
frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for back: 42
frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for back: 43

Hi:

¿Did you modify the HTTP port?

FYI, this threat is only about unraid template of Frigate, if the problems is regarded to the APP itself, as I'm not the developer please use the github issue page:  https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate/issues

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing the great progress that was being made to get the Mini PCIe Coral working I bought one with an adapter to try my luck. It's not going as smoothly as I had hoped. Maybe someone here can point me in the correct direction or next steps to help debug

• Unraid 6.9.1
  • Adapter I am using: Ableconn PEX-MP117 Mini PCI-E to PCI-E Adapter Card
  • Card correctly shows up in Unraid
    • 2036078921_IOMMUgroup.jpg.1c2de417055a338304d4ce226ba6d918.jpg
  • I have installed "Coral Accelerator Module Drivers"
  • From terminal, if I run the below command I get a return suggesting the card is correctly installed
root@Tower:~# ls /dev/apex_0
/dev/apex_0
  • I have also checked lsmod and can see apex and gasket loaded
root@Tower:~/apex/packages# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
apex                   16384  0
gasket                 90112  1 apex

• I have the card passed though to frigate container
    • tpu_mapping.jpg.583621319abb37f9f07ecffa32226817.jpg
  • My frigate container works great with CPU processing so I believe my configuration is good but when I switch to 
detectors:
  coral:
    type: edgetpu
    device: pci
  • After an Unraid system restart I get 1 start of Frigate where it says it finds the EdgeTPU but soon crashes. After that every time I start the container I get the following errors
* Starting nginx nginx
...done.
Starting migrations
detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 41
frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for living_room: 44
frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as pci
frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for kitchen: 46
frigate.edgetpu INFO : No EdgeTPU detected.
Process detector:coral:
frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for garage: 47
frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for backyard: 49
frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for living_room: 50
frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for kitchen: 52
frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for garage: 57
frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for backyard: 59
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 152, in load_delegate
delegate = Delegate(library, options)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 111, in __init__
raise ValueError(capture.message)
ValueError

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/process.py", line 315, in _bootstrap
self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/process.py", line 108, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "/opt/frigate/frigate/edgetpu.py", line 124, in run_detector
object_detector = LocalObjectDetector(tf_device=tf_device, num_threads=num_threads)
File "/opt/frigate/frigate/edgetpu.py", line 63, in __init__
edge_tpu_delegate = load_delegate('libedgetpu.so.1.0', device_config)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/tflite_runtime/interpreter.py", line 154, in load_delegate
raise ValueError('Failed to load delegate from {}\n{}'.format(

ValueError: Failed to load delegate from libedgetpu.so.1.0

frigate.watchdog INFO : Detection appears to have stopped. Exiting frigate...
frigate.app INFO : Stopping...
frigate.record INFO : Exiting recording maintenance...
frigate.object_processing INFO : Exiting object processor...
frigate.events INFO : Exiting event processor...
frigate.events INFO : Exiting event cleanup...
frigate.watchdog INFO : Exiting watchdog...
frigate.stats INFO : Exiting watchdog...
peewee.sqliteq INFO : writer received shutdown request, exiting.
root INFO : Waiting for detection process to exit gracefully...
watchdog.backyard INFO : Terminating the existing ffmpeg process...

Final questions

• Why does Unraid look to be seeing the EdgeTPU but the container can't talk to it?
  • Is there a way to keep the "Coral Accelerator Module Drivers" between reboots? It looks to go away after every Unraid reboot.

After many more hours of this I think it just comes down to the driver being for the wrong kernel.

@ich777 Any chance you can build the Coral PCI driver for Unraid 6.9.1 (kernel 5.10.21)? Thank you in advance!

Edited by mwasserman
19 hours ago, mwasserman said:

@ich777 Any chance you can build the Coral PCI driver for Unraid 6.9.1 (kernel 5.10.21)? Thank you in advance!

I already built it for Unraid 6.9.1 Kernel v5.10.21 otherwise the the Plugin won't work on this Unraid version.

After many more hours of this I think it just comes down to the driver being for the wrong kernel.

No, because a module for the wrong Kernel wouldn't load anyways...

Sorry I can't help any further because I don't own a Coral Acceleration Module but if you have the device '/dev/apex_0' then it should work.

Is there a way to keep the "Coral Accelerator Module Drivers" between reboots? It looks to go away after every Unraid reboot.

This shouldn't happen, have you a active internet connection on boot or better speaking have you anything like PiHole or a VM that is your Firewall on your Unraid box?

The Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded file here in the textbox) from a reboot with previously installed Coral Accelerator Module Drivers would be very helpful to troubleshoot why it disappear.

Have you looked into the Plugins tab in Unraid if there is a Plugin in Error state and removed that in the first place and installed it afterwards?

EDIT: I think I got what is wrong here, you passed over a path to the container but it's a device:

grafik.png.03f9d018bf1c1b5fdd0f2976378ba9e1.png

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

I already built it for Unraid 6.9.1 Kernel v5.10.21 otherwise the the Plugin won't work on this Unraid version.

Thank you for correcting me. There goes that idea of why it isn't working

EDIT: I think I got what is wrong here, you passed over a path to the container but it's a device:

I double checked my mapping and it is a device. Removed and recreated it just to be 100% sure. Same results as before, "No EdgeTPU detected". I was really hoping I had missed this and you were right. The search goes on. 650146000_CoralAccelerationModule.jpg.c8877c3616455a01e229c755ae5640a2.jpg

This shouldn't happen, have you a active internet connection on boot or better speaking have you anything like PiHole or a VM that is your Firewall on your Unraid box?

I do run pfBlockerNG on pfsense (not in a VM). Checked the logs on pfBlocker and didn't see it blocking anything from my Unraid box. 

The Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded file here in the textbox) from a reboot with previously installed Coral Accelerator Module Drivers would be very helpful to troubleshoot why it disappear.

Have you looked into the Plugins tab in Unraid if there is a Plugin in Error state and removed that in the first place and installed it afterwards?

No Plugin in Error State, this is my plugin page just before a reboot, I had just installed the coral module driver.

503089511_Pluginsbeforereboot.thumb.jpg.987f7bc9601aa28651d76901fca77655.jpg

Now after a reboot (I collected the Diagnostics Logs at this point)

435186043_Pluginsafterreboot.thumb.jpg.dd254d005a0bb4fad6cce972e03a065e.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20210324-0917.zip

Edited by mwasserman
45 minutes ago, mwasserman said:

No Plugin in Error State, this is my plugin page just before a reboot, I had just installed the coral module driver.

The page shows that you have a tab "Plugin Files Install Errors" you should look there - actually you have a install error.

Also here is the output from your log (network failure):

Mar 24 09:14:09 Tower root: plugin: downloading: https://git.minenet.at/ich777/docker-templates/raw/branch/master/ich777/images/coral-driver.png ...#015plugin: downloading: https://git.minenet.at/ich777/docker-templates/raw/branch/master/ich777/images/coral-driver.png ... failed (Network failure)
Mar 24 09:14:09 Tower root: plugin: https://git.minenet.at/ich777/docker-templates/raw/branch/master/ich777/images/coral-driver.png download failure (Network failure)

Go to your Plugins page again and click on the tab "Plugin Files Install Errors", there should be the Plugins that are failed to install click on delete and after you deleted it reinstall it from the CA App.

I think from what I see something is preventing your Unraid box on boot from connecting to the internet itself, have you set a custom DNS or something like that in Unraid itself?

45 minutes ago, mwasserman said:

I double checked my mapping and it is a device. Removed and recreated it just to be 100% sure. Same results as before, "
No EdgeTPU detected"

The first screenshot that you postet shows "Container Path: ..." and not "Container Device: ..." this is something different I think...

EDIT: I will change how the Plugin installs the Logo so this will prevent the failure on the installation of the plugin on boot if no internet connection is available.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think from what I see something is preventing your Unraid box on boot from connecting to the internet itself, have you set a custom DNS or something like that in Unraid itself?

This got me into an interesting debug path. I had Unraid setup on a bonded network (802.3ad) and it appears that this network style comes up after trying to load the plugins or ends up in a race condition where they both need to happen at the same time and the network doesn't come up in time. I've removed the bonded network and now the plugin loads after every reboot. Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction.

I now get a new error that looks to be purely a Google Coral Issue

Mar 24 12:52:10 Tower kernel: x86/PAT: frigate.detecto:29004 map pfn RAM range req uncached-minus for [mem 0x6f1c4c000-0x6f1c4ffff], got write-back
Mar 24 12:53:13 Tower kernel: apex 0000:06:00.0: RAM did not enable within timeout (12000 ms)
Mar 24 12:53:25 Tower kernel: apex 0000:06:00.0: RAM did not enable within timeout (12000 ms)
Mar 24 12:53:25 Tower kernel: apex 0000:06:00.0: Error in device open cb: -110

I'm going to do some searching and ask in the Google Coral forums to see if this is a known problem.

Edited by mwasserman
  • Like 1
On 3/24/2021 at 8:19 AM, mwasserman said:

Thank you for correcting me. There goes that idea of why it isn't working

I double checked my mapping and it is a device. Removed and recreated it just to be 100% sure. Same results as before, "No EdgeTPU detected". I was really hoping I had missed this and you were right. The search goes on. 650146000_CoralAccelerationModule.jpg.c8877c3616455a01e229c755ae5640a2.jpg

I do run pfBlockerNG on pfsense (not in a VM). Checked the logs on pfBlocker and didn't see it blocking anything from my Unraid box. 

503089511_Pluginsbeforereboot.thumb.jpg.987f7bc9601aa28651d76901fca77655.jpg

Now after a reboot (I collected the Diagnostics Logs at this point)

435186043_Pluginsafterreboot.thumb.jpg.dd254d005a0bb4fad6cce972e03a065e.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20210324-0917.zip 103.32 kB · 2 downloads

You don't need to pass in the device to the container.  It really is as simple as loading the plugin to get the drivers going and then telling Frigate to use it.  

detectors:
  coral_pci:

• Thanks 2
15 hours ago, digiblur said:

You don't need to pass in the device to the container.  It really is as simple as loading the plugin to get the drivers going and then telling Frigate to use it.  

detectors:
  coral_pci:

After reading this I really had high hopes this was everything I was doing wrong... No luck 😞

Still getting this error in the Unraid System Log

Mar 28 14:37:37 Tower kernel: eth0: renamed from veth8c00d88
Mar 28 14:37:51 Tower kernel: apex 0000:03:00.0: RAM did not enable within timeout (12000 ms)
Mar 28 14:37:51 Tower kernel: apex 0000:03:00.0: Error in device open cb: -110
Mar 28 14:38:59 Tower kernel: veth8c00d88: renamed from eth0

The eth0: renamed error is really strange and new. Not sure if this is related to trying to use the PCIe Coral at all. Not giving up yet but putting in my order for a USB Coral (they look to be backordered for 2+ months). 

EDIT:

Adding insult to injury, I pulled the PCIe to m-PCIe adapter and Coral card out of my Unraid box and put it into my Windows box. Tried the example on https://coral.ai/docs/m2/get-started/#4-run-a-model-on-the-edge-tpu and it worked perfectly. Now at least I know the Coral m-PCIe card and adapter are working correctly. It's just a matter of figuring out why Unraid won't handle the card correctly. 

I tried to pass-though the card to a VM on my Unraid box and Unraid refuses to list the card as able to pass-though in a VM. I bound the IOMMU group (just the 1 Coral card) to VFIO but the card will not list under "Other PCI Devices" 

Edited by mwasserman
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Jacob Thompson said:

Is it possible to get this running on an unraid server with an intel CPU?  I don't understand how this container could only run on AMD CPU's but have support for intel integrated graphics like the configuration of the container has.  

Maybe you are confused but AMD64 is not refered only to AMD CPUS, is refered to 64 bit architecture but the name comes from the first development made by HP for AMD:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

You can run this container on any x64 bit proccesor, like my Intel Intel Pentium Gold G5600.

Edited by yayitazale