[SUPPORT] blakeblackshear - Frigate

14 hours ago, yayitazale said:

You are missing the usb passtrough. I suggest you to start again with a clean template without deleting this:

imagen.thumb.png.b8b7a7e1c3e39aa31416dcb4fc7779bd.png

Also, I see in the config file that you are trying to use a yolo model with the coral and that is not posible. As you can read in the docs, the best option is to use the default model that is just fine, so you should comment or delete this part:

model:
  path: /config/model_cache/tensorrt/yolov7-320.trt
  input_tensor: nchw
  input_pixel_format: rgb
  width: 320
  height: 320

Yolo models are great for nvidia or openvino detectors, but the coral is a different chip that has its own requirements to create a model. If you want to use another custom modelwith the coral, it must be a tflite model. You can find here most of the pretrained models.

It was the model I had configured for when I was using the GPU. I commented this part out and its working! Thanks very much for your help :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
 --gpus=all --shm-size=256mb --mount type=tmpfs,target=/tmp/cache,tmpfs-size=100000000 --restart unless-stopped

Can someone explain what the --gpus=all part does of the above Extra Parameters? When is it necessary / useful as its not in the default ?

18 hours ago, yayitazale said:

Frigate template is pointing to the "latest" tag so yo you should check if you have change that. Any way, you should reads the changelog and the updated docs to find out what changes you need to make to your settings has there are many new things. Also it is recommended to ensure that you are using all the required new variables in the template or reinstall it from scratch deleting you actual container.

Thanks, you're right.

It turns out my Community Apps didn't update, which then caused the Docker page to show everything uptodate when they are not.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, awediohead said:
 --gpus=all --shm-size=256mb --mount type=tmpfs,target=/tmp/cache,tmpfs-size=100000000 --restart unless-stopped

Can someone explain what the --gpus=all part does of the above Extra Parameters? When is it necessary / useful as its not in the default ?

That parameter is the proposed one to launch frigate with docker-run with a nvidia gpu pass-trough: https://docs.frigate.video/configuration/hardware_acceleration#docker-run-cli---nvidia-gpu

As we are on Unraid, there is a more "standar" way to pass-trough defined on the nvidia driver plugin, and it is the one implemented on the template:

imagen.thumb.png.d883c9321c1d8c9ed08119a19de5d8e5.png

Edited by yayitazale
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 1:59 PM, yayitazale said:

That parameter is the proposed one to launch frigate with docker-run with a nvidia gpu pass-trough: https://docs.frigate.video/configuration/hardware_acceleration#docker-run-cli---nvidia-gpu

As we are on Unraid, there is a more "standar" way to pass-trough defined on the nvidia driver plugin, and it is the one implemented on the template:

imagen.thumb.png.d883c9321c1d8c9ed08119a19de5d8e5.png

Actually I have a question regarding this as frigate in my case seems to "grab" all GPUs available and this is what i do NOT want.

I have some dedicated GPUs for VMs and if frigate uses those GPUs the VMs won't start, therefore I want to limit frigate to just one GPU. But somehow this seems impossible to me:

here's my Frigate Docker Config:

docker run
  -d
  --name='frigate'
  --net='host'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="Europe/Berlin"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Server"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="frigate"
  -e 'TCP_PORT_5000'='5000'
  -e 'TCP_PORT_8554'='8554'
  -e 'FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD'='***'
  -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-bd161e6e-9b15-d71a-ec49-8c085ea02ad1'
  -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='compute,utility,video'
  -e 'TCP_PORT_8555'='8555'
  -e 'UDP_PORT_8555'='8555'
  -e 'TCP_PORT_1984'='1984'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:5000]'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yayitazale/unraid-templates/main/frigate.png'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/frigate':'/config':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/Media/frigate':'/media/frigate':'rw'
  -v '/etc/localtime':'/etc/localtime':'rw'
  --device='/dev/bus/usb/006/002'
  --runtime=nvidia
  --shm-size=256mb
  --mount type=tmpfs,target=/tmp/cache,tmpfs-size=1000000000
  --restart unless-stopped 'ghcr.io/blakeblackshear/frigate:stable'

440515ff723a15052068c74656fef26f189832b762fe93eb1766155f8130e599

The command finished successfully!

The only way is to start the VMs before I start frigate - this is not an option for me.

With this config and one VM started before frigate, frigate still shows up 2 GPUs:

grafik.thumb.png.02a0a3000ebbf5af5e8084a1454f94a9.png

Please how can i remove the rtx 3060? Or in other words how can i limit frigate to the 1030? The 1030 has the GPU id mentioned above in the frigate docker config.

Thank you for your advice!

• Upvote 1