No network after upgrade to 6.9.0-beta30

Cliff

I tried upgrading from stable to the latest beta after reading it worked well. But now I don't have any network, after booting it just says "ipv4 & ipv6 address not set"

How can I fix this ? can I revert from the terminal or is it possible to fix the newtwork ?

Motherboard: Asus tuf gaming x570-plus

CPU AMD 3900X

I found out what was causing the problem. I forgot that I also added a third gpu to one of the pci-e x1 slots to my motherboard so that I could use the two main gpus for vm's. For some reason my motherboard disables the network when I add the third gpu. Removing it solved everything.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:28 AM, Cliff said:

I found out what was causing the problem. I forgot that I also added a third gpu to one of the pci-e x1 slots to my motherboard so that I could use the two main gpus for vm's. For some reason my motherboard disables the network when I add the third gpu. Removing it solved everything.

18 hours ago, JorgeB said:

It's not disabling it, it's being passed-through, adding/removing new hardware can make the hardware IDs change, so if for example you were passing-through a GPU you can now be doing it to the NIC.

It looks like your vfio-pci.cfg was created by hand. Since you are on 6.9, use Tools -> System Devices to create the vfio-pci.cfg and it will be more resilient to hardware changes.  Additionally, you can use the "View VFIO-PCI Log" button on that page to see details of each device that was (un)successfully bound during boot.

For more info:

• Like 1