Missing Pool cache disk, no info

I'm currently 6.9.0 beta 30 and making some tests with a cache pool linked to a share steup as "cache only".

I wanted to get the features of unraid with some more speed !

So the cache pool is setup as Raid 5, I rtied to remove one disk to see what is happening. Nothing , I have 3 drives in Raid5, and even removing one drive the 3 leds are still Green. Some minutes later, i simply get a notification warning that one disk is missing.

The leds on the Webui are staying Green. Is there another way to be informed that something is wrong with the Pool ?

Edited by chocorem

Here's where your troubles begin:

Oct 21 00:19:33 loki kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: log_info(0x31120101): originator(PL), code(0x12), sub_code(0x0101)
Oct 21 00:19:33 loki kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: log_info(0x31110101): originator(PL), code(0x11), sub_code(0x0101)

Looks like the sata controller is not getting along with the drive at /dev/sdf.  I am BY NO MEANS an expert.  I think after so many read errors at the kernel level, unraid is likely knocking the drive out of the pool.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking at Smart for that device:

UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    -O--CK   200   199   000    -    9

You've got some CRC errors.  I would check your cable connections, and try re-seating the drive.  Then run an extended Smart test on the drive and post the results.

Sorry you got me wrong,

I removed the drive intentionally to test the notification /rebuild process.

My problem is that I still see the pool in Green on the 3 drives in Unraid. I just got a warning notification that a disk is missing.

I wanted to know if this is normal ? I find it a little little from a notification perspective, If you miss the notification, you are not seeing any problem on the main / Dashboard

Ah, sorry man.  I try to help out with hardware issues, but with actual unraid stuff, I am still new myself.  Will let someone else take a stab.  I still don't quite understand what you're trying to do.  I do know that if a drive fails (or goes missing), as long as parity is valid then you have access to the emulated contents of the drive.  

NO here I'm talking about a BTRFS Raid on a cache pool. I still have access to the pool, but the 3 drives are shown as green .... So I do not know that a drive is missing .... In this case, I know because I removed it on purpose, but if a drive if failing or missing, I would exoect that Unraid is showing a red light next to the drive