VM import from Proxmox

3 minutes ago, caplam said:

no but i didn't lost data. I had to make several tries because i forgot to save vm definition files

You have to rebuild the same vm.

In the end i managed to succeed. I had several debian vm and 1 win8 but no macos (these ones are tricky). 

Yes, MacOS is a problem. I tried the method of Spaceinvader One to create a MacOS VM. Worked only once. 

3 hours ago, caplam said:

from what i remember i had to rebuild my vms when i switched from proxmox to unraid.

Unraid takes raw (img) and qcow2 vdisk files. If you have vmdk you have to convert it with qemu-img.

That's not entirely true. The GUI editor only sees img, but you can manually specify the name of the vmdk in the XML. Just don't make any changes in the GUI editor, it'll blow away your manual edits.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

That's not entirely true. The GUI editor only sees img, but you can manually specify the name of the vmdk in the XML. Just don't make any changes in the GUI editor, it'll blow away your manual edits.

I guess that's the problem why I screed up the OSX VMs. Is there any smart way to move the Proxmox VM config.file over to Unraid XML?