Dead USB Drive - Best way to recovery

Hi, I woke up to a dead drive this morning and Unraid was not working.

I am stupid enough to have never taken a screenshot of what drive is my paristy and which are others... I was also stupid to leave my flash drive backup on the array.

What is best way to start fresh with a new drive and not loose array data or at least recover the flash drive backup file to restore from it.. which is also something i don't know how to do.. any help appreciated

Are you saying that if you plug the USB drive into another machine you cannot read it’s contents?   if you can immediately copy it’s contents as a backup.

if you cannot read the USB drive contents but have a backup on an array drive then there are ways to get at that.   Examples are to use a ‘trial’ Unraid licence or use a standard Linux ‘live’ build to get at the drive (Unraid uses standard Linux file systems).

if none of those options are possible/practical for you then we need to know more before giving advice on the best way to recover..   For example do you run dockers/VMs that also need recovering?   

Did not check the usb drive on another pc.. will do that.. IF it is recoverable..what files do i need to copy onto a new drive unraid drive to get back to how i was before please?

If no i can run a live linux distro and be able to get the backup from the drives... how do i mount a drive as read only please?

53 minutes ago, RyanBorh said:

taking a backup NOW!

You should take a new backup anytime you make any significant changes in the webUI. It is especially important that any backup you use have the correct disk assignments.

You can download a zipped backup of flash at any time from Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup.