(SOLVED) USB controller card detected as wrong device

Help!

USB controller with 4 ports is being detected as wrong device. Was working before on beta and stable. I'm currently on beta30. I've tried reverting back to beta29 and stable. No changes. Still detected as wrong device.

It is supposed to be 4x:  

PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1806 (rev 01)
USB controller: Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 02)

Out of the blue it is being detected as 4x:

PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1806 (rev 01)

USB controller: DDRdrive LLC Device 0015 (rev 02)

This is in syslog (for all 4 USB ports, didn't want to clog the post so posted only this one):

Oct 23 17:55:14 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:0a:00.0: xHCI Host Controller

Oct 23 17:55:14 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:0a:00.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 3

Oct 23 17:55:14 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:0a:00.0: can't setup: -110

Oct 23 17:55:14 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:0a:00.0: USB bus 3 deregistered

Oct 23 17:55:14 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:0a:00.0: init 0000:0a:00.0 fail, -110

Oct 23 17:55:14 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd: probe of 0000:0a:00.0 failed with error -110

Anyone got any pointers?

Edited by Lavoslav
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

That means it's not an Unraid issue, try it in a different slot.

I tried your suggestion and I'm flabbergasted....

It worked. How? Why?

Had to do some creative maneuvering of other cards (no free slots), some shenanigans with stuff passed through to VMs and my tower is back in business.

• 3 years later...
On 10/23/2020 at 1:46 PM, JorgeB said:

That means it's not an Unraid issue, try it in a different slot.

Could you elaborate on this?  I have a HP mobo that worked perfect at first, but when I swapped devices on the USB header it's showing a random device I've never heard of(some multicard reader).  I only have one USB header to work with so I can't swap and move on....so is there something that can be reset or anything??  I've spent two days troubleshooting and all I can think of now is resetting absolutely everything since it worked fine with the first device........but I really don't want to do that.