[SUPPORT] Tandoor Recipes - CorneliousJD Repo

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

Are you able to import from other websites? 

Perhaps just that site isn't supported for import?

Yes I can import from other websites.

I open an issue on vabene1111/recipes Github, they have no issue on this website and the problem will be on the image WEBP import.

Someone could try on his docker no matter what recipe of marmiton.org ?

5 hours ago, dompe said:

Yes I can import from other websites.

I open an issue on vabene1111/recipes Github, they have no issue on this website and the problem will be on the image WEBP import.

Someone could try on his docker no matter what recipe of marmiton.org ?

I was able to import a recipe from there. I clicked on the three dots next to the search box and selected website import. Then I pasted the website URL in for the recipe and it all popped in. 

And you have no error when you click on import ?

13 minutes ago, Lucict said:

I was able to import a recipe from there. I clicked on the three dots next to the search box and selected website import. Then I pasted the website URL in for the recipe and it all popped in. 

5 hours ago, dompe said:

ok so i don't understand why it doesn't work on my server...

Also working fine for me on this end as well.

I think you might need to watch your log files or something while trying to import. 

I don't think your error is specific to unraid/docker setup but rather specific to something on your end.

I can't replicate the issue so I can't speak more on exactly what's cuasing it, but with some logs we all might be able to work together to figure it out.

image.thumb.png.78f35a16774bb8b4db793fe74983f368.png

9 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

Also working fine for me on this end as well.

I think you might need to watch your log files or something while trying to import. 

I don't think your error is specific to unraid/docker setup but rather specific to something on your end.

I can't replicate the issue so I can't speak more on exactly what's cuasing it, but with some logs we all might be able to work together to figure it out.

image.thumb.png.78f35a16774bb8b4db793fe74983f368.png

The problem appear when i click on the import button at the bottom if this page.

Apparently it's a webp problem. I have more logs, i cant post it if you want.

• 1 month later...

Thanks CorneliousJD for creating this docker template! I've been using your openeats container for a long time and didn't realize there was this one that you moved to. Do you run it with the default SQLite database or do you run it with a PostgreSQL container? Since I'm setting this up I want to do it right the first time with the best option even if it requires a bit more work to set up. Is there a quick way to import all the recipes from Openeats into this one? I've accumulated quite a bit of recipes on there so it would be a lot of work to transfer

3 hours ago, bobokun said:

Thanks CorneliousJD for creating this docker template! I've been using your openeats container for a long time and didn't realize there was this one that you moved to. Do you run it with the default SQLite database or do you run it with a PostgreSQL container? Since I'm setting this up I want to do it right the first time with the best option even if it requires a bit more work to set up. Is there a quick way to import all the recipes from Openeats into this one? I've accumulated quite a bit of recipes on there so it would be a lot of work to transfer

Glad you're finding a good use for them!

I have, unfortuantely NOT found a good way to migrate from OpenEats to this without doing it manually, but perhaps someone else has a better solution.

It doesn't let you do the website import either, it just doesn't end up recognizing anything.

I also personally set this up with PostgreSQL, as I have DBBackup containers setup to backup my PGSQL and MySQL (MariaDB) containers nightly, so I feel like it's a bit of a safety net.

Also SQLite can have performance issues so I generally prefer to setup real databases for stuff anyways to avoid potential performance issues in the future. 

5 hours ago, bobokun said:

Thanks! Seems like I got it up and running just fine :) Do you know if there's any way to get around the media serving  gunicorn/python error? Is it possible to edit the media serving to work with swag container since I already have that running for reverse proxies.

You can go down that road if you want to, but I personally chose not to in order to keep this container "simple" (the reason it uses SQLite by default too, so it's all in one container).

See here: https://vabene1111.github.io/recipes/install/docker/#nginx-vs-gunicorn

Also the admin page that gives you the warning should have a link about more info as well. 

If you get it working correctly feel free to post back here and let users know how you did it, and I can update the first post and give you credit for that part as well incase others want to do the same.

Thanks and good luck!

On 1/18/2021 at 10:17 PM, bobokun said:

I spent some time trying to get it to work with nginx however haven't had any luck. I posted a discussion on github hopefully someone that's more knowledgeable in docker can help me figure out what I did wrong. 

Looks like you got it fixed, I'm going to put a link to your discussion in the first post 

https://github.com/vabene1111/recipes/discussions/341

Here it is if someone else needs it too :)

Nice job everyone involved.

For some reason I am unable to access it using a reverse proxy (Swag). I have set it up like every other app I have using my reverse proxy. I saw some notes saying to edit the conf.d in the ngnix folder of recipes but cant seem to find it in the appdata folder for recipes in unraid.... I feel like im missing something here.... any thoughts? Thanks!

1 hour ago, CybranNakh said:

For some reason I am unable to access it using a reverse proxy (Swag). I have set it up like every other app I have using my reverse proxy. I saw some notes saying to edit the conf.d in the ngnix folder of recipes but cant seem to find it in the appdata folder for recipes in unraid.... I feel like im missing something here.... any thoughts? Thanks!

I'm not using SWAG, I have it working via NPM no problem though on a subdomain.

See here, some other users used SWAG to not pass images through Gunicorn and they have it work with an example server block.

There is no nginx built into this container, so there's no conf.d to edit inside of recipes, you would need to provide your own nginx container or use SWAG for that.

20 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

I'm not using SWAG, I have it working via NPM no problem though on a subdomain.

See here, some other users used SWAG to not pass images through Gunicorn and they have it work with an example server block.

There is no nginx built into this container, so there's no conf.d to edit inside of recipes, you would need to provide your own nginx container or use SWAG for that.

+1

This was very much lead to the solution! I added the path as recommended in the discussion linked. I also discovered the default app name in SWAG was nginx_recipes and this needs to be changed to the name of your container (recipes) for a simple CA container pulldown. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PureLoneWolf said:

Hi there

Firstly, thank you for creating this :)  

There was an update to the project that I would really like to apply (Chowdown imports), is there a way I can force an update from within the Unraid docker or should I just wait for an update to drop?

Many thanks

Ideally you should be using CA's Auto Update on a schedule, but if you do not want to do that you can just check for updates or force an update from the docker page.

Turn on advanced in the top right of hte docker page and then you can force an update for any container you'd like.

Hi

I update from the Docker Container page regularly - I haven't seen any update for this one since the project updated though.  Or am I missing something?  I goto MYNAS/Docker and hit the Check for Updates button and then update whatever has one waiting...

Mine is saying it is the latest version, but I know the project updated last week as my request was closed as complete.

Apologies if I am just being dense...

4 minutes ago, PureLoneWolf said:

Hi

I update from the Docker Container page regularly - I haven't seen any update for this one since the project updated though.  Or am I missing something?  I goto MYNAS/Docker and hit the Check for Updates button and then update whatever has one waiting...

Mine is saying it is the latest version, but I know the project updated last week as my request was closed as complete.

Apologies if I am just being dense...

Try doing the force update, if it's not pulling any actual update then it's possible that your feature request was closed as it was added/working in DEV but hasn't been actually combined with the master branch yet, meaning you may need to wait a bit longer until the developer of Recipes actually pushes it to part of his master branch of code.

• Like 1
  • CorneliousJD changed the title to [SUPPORT] Tandoor Recipes - CorneliousJD Repo