No local access after changing Wireguard setting

bigmak

So I failed to follow the old adage of "don't screw with any settings when you're several states away" and got myself into a pickle. Was hoping I could get some advice.

Today, I decided to change some settings with my Wireguard configuration. I normally use Wireguard  to touch my server over a remote tunneled access, but because I was changing settings I instead did a Chrome Remote Desktop to another PC at my house so I wouldn't drop my connection. From that PC I then browsed local to the server.

While I was changing settings (only in the Wireguard section), at one point it paused on hitting Save/Apply which was unusual. I then realized that Unraid was completely unresponsive over the network from that local box. All services (containers, reverse proxies) immediately were offline.

My Unraid server doesn't have any remote KVM capabilities. I had my wife tap the power button and a few minutes later it did eventually shutdown. I had her reboot it afterwards.

It is still completely unresponsive over the network. Doesn't respond to ping, webpage doesn't load with either the IP address or the servername (both bare and .localdomain). I do see in my Unifi panel some data traffic which is confusing; only 30 MB in the past few hours.

Is it possible that something in the config files got borked when saving the Wireguard configuration? Is the best course of action to just pull the USB and modify something in there? I'm just trying to figure out what I should do next... I'll be near the server in a few days.

Figured I'd post an update to this.

I got home, shut the server down, and pulled the USB drive. I then looked through the edited files and saw that when it died, the only changes were in the Wireguard section of the settings. I deleted the Wireguard folder and then reinstalled into the server. It then booted up and ran.

Must have created some IP conflict with my changes; I haven't had a chance to do a post-mortem on the files to see what was wrong.