GUI not showing

pappaq

24 minutes ago, trurl said:

Some of the last entries in syslog are about plugins and scripts, including a script you have apparently setup with the User Scripts plugin.

Boot in SAFE mode, disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings, and see if it works like that for a few days.

The scripts are super basic move scripts which are triggered by cron every few minutes. Worked for month.

4 hours ago, pappaq said:

It normally returns to normal operation after the reboot.

In that case, I suspect you are filling rootfs (the RAM the OS lives in) and so the OS can't work reliably anymore. One common way to fill rootfs would be a container host path that isn't actual storage. Or anything else (such as a script) writing to a path that isn't actual storage.

What do you get from the command line with this?

df -h

18 hours ago, trurl said:

In that case, I suspect you are filling rootfs (the RAM the OS lives in) and so the OS can't work reliably anymore. One common way to fill rootfs would be a container host path that isn't actual storage. Or anything else (such as a script) writing to a path that isn't actual storage.

What do you get from the command line with this?

df -h

I've rebooted the server before I read your comment...I've taken diagnostics and df -h shows no particular partition filling up over the course of the last 10 minutes.1766586020_2022-02-2614_38_29-SuperPuTTY-dringenet-MS.thumb.png.959690775489cf3f4168a44b10962cac.png

The diagnostics are after the fresh reboot. I don't know if they help. And it seems like the only full drives are the data drives inside the pool, so no problem there?

I will have a look at it for the next hours and watch the partitions closely.

Thanks.

dringenet-ms-diagnostics-20220226-1434.zip

3 hours ago, pappaq said:

I've rebooted the server before I read your comment...I've taken diagnostics and df -h shows no particular partition filling up over the course of the last 10 minut

What I was specifically after was rootfs, the very first thing in the list from that command. Those results are also in diagnostics, but since you couldn't get them I asked for the results of the command.

Since you rebooted before getting the command results, we don't know what the results of that command would be if you did it while you were having the problem.

15 hours ago, trurl said:

What I was specifically after was rootfs, the very first thing in the list from that command. Those results are also in diagnostics, but since you couldn't get them I asked for the results of the command.

Since you rebooted before getting the command results, we don't know what the results of that command would be if you did it while you were having the problem.

image.thumb.png.621115561a9a304260861fdefd585b5f.png

fortunately, the error occured again yesterday, some time after the reboot. There does not seem to be smth. wrong.

15 hours ago, trurl said:

From your diagnostics, I see you are using 27G of 40G docker.img. Have you had problems filling docker.img? I run 15-20 containers and only use about half of 20G docker.img

Also, your system share has files on the array.

I have not had any problems with this so far. It was pretty full about two years ago and I enlarged it. No problems with that since.

I am going to reboot again and going to fix the shares.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...