[SUPPORT] AMP (Application Management Panel) - CorneliousJD Repo

I encountered a bug with the gmod server. Starting the server even with the OOTB game settings, it segfaults. I could only tell that it was a segfault after using the console to manually start the server.

Fortunately I saw this bug on another unraid container specifically for gmod. Here is my post asking for help about it on its support page.

The fix was to change the appdata dir location from "../user/appdata/.." to "../cache/appdata/..", with the appdata share cache set to preferred. Not entirely sure if it's required because its preferred, or its a requirement, but whatever it is, someone else might come across this.

With that done for AMP, it works great. :)

Edited by Sharp
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for putting this one together, you should add parameters for UID and GID to the docker so we can specify which user the docker runs as, otherwise if you have multiple users the file ownership can get mixed up.

Correction to my wording, you should add them to the default template as 99/100 as other unRAID dockers do that we can set them easily since the image already supports this.

Edited by backlands
11 hours ago, backlands said:

Thanks for putting this one together, you should add parameters for UID and GID to the docker so we can specify which user the docker runs as, otherwise if you have multiple users the file ownership can get mixed up.

Correction to my wording, you should add them to the default template ass 99/100 as other unRAID dockers do that we can set them easily since the image already supports this.

As long as the image itself supports this it should be easy enough to add in if you want to for now - I'll work to adjust config in a future template revision, thanks for the heads up!

I am getting an issue where the container thinks its timezone is way off than what it is supposed to be. This is noticeable particularly when scheduling tasks, they do not happen at the right time. Is there somewhere I can change to manually set the timezone? Does anyone else have this issue?

Edited by Metle
2 hours ago, Metle said:

I am getting an issue where the container thinks its timezone is way off than what it is supposed to be. This is noticeable particularly when scheduling tasks, they do not happen at the right time. Is there somewhere I can change to manually set the timezone? Does anyone else have this issue?

There doesn't seem to be a TZ or Timezone variable in the container config so you'll want to submit a github issue on the author's github page for the project and ask if one could be added or if there's a way to set it in a config, since this doesn't seem to be an unraid specific isse. 

(He does frequent this thread though too, so it may be something he will see here even, but no guarnatee)

9 hours ago, Metle said:

The container should default to the same timezone as your host system. I'm not too familiar with Unraid so I don't know how to check your Unraid timezone, but that might be something to check. However, it would be pretty easy to add a TZ variable to the container, so I will do that anyway :)

11 hours ago, MitchTalmadge said:

The container should default to the same timezone as your host system. I'm not too familiar with Unraid so I don't know how to check your Unraid timezone, but that might be something to check. However, it would be pretty easy to add a TZ variable to the container, so I will do that anyway :)

Yes, the time zone is set correctly in Unraid using NTP. Thank you for doing that. I greatly appreciate it! Wonderful container 👍

12 hours ago, Metle said:

Yes, the time zone is set correctly in Unraid using NTP. Thank you for doing that. I greatly appreciate it! Wonderful container 👍

Looks like I was mistaken, the container has been defaulting to Etc/UTC. You can now set a timezone with the TZ environment variable (@CorneliousJD I don't know if you need to add something to the Unraid config or something here, I assume you know what to do :P) on the latest build. This build will be available sometime within the next hour at the time of writing, as it's currently being built. See the README for info on how to use the TZ variable. Enjoy!

On 12/19/2020 at 1:13 AM, MitchTalmadge said:

Looks like I was mistaken, the container has been defaulting to Etc/UTC. You can now set a timezone with the TZ environment variable (@CorneliousJD I don't know if you need to add something to the Unraid config or something here, I assume you know what to do :P) on the latest build. This build will be available sometime within the next hour at the time of writing, as it's currently being built. See the README for info on how to use the TZ variable. Enjoy!

I appreciate that Mitch. Everything is working as it should now! Thanks for your awesome work. 

On 12/19/2020 at 1:13 AM, MitchTalmadge said:

Awesome, thank you! I just updated the tempalte so users will get the update now and new users will see the TZ variable to fill in. Thanks! 

I just wanted to jump in and say thanks to all who had a hand in doing this. This Docker/App is SOOOOOO  much easier than running separate Minecraft dockers, not to mention the ease of setting up Bukkit/Spigot/NukkitX servers. Takes all the hassle out of it all. Well worth the $10 license through AMP.

Will be donating to the docker author as well...

Erik

8 minutes ago, ainuke said:

I just wanted to jump in and say thanks to all who had a hand in doing this. This Docker/App is SOOOOOO  much easier than running separate Minecraft dockers, not to mention the ease of setting up Bukkit/Spigot/NukkitX servers. Takes all the hassle out of it all. Well worth the $10 license through AMP.

Will be donating to the docker author as well...

Erik

Glad you're enjoying it! 

Just an FYI - I am NOT the docker author, I know sometimes people get confused about who releases a docker template vs the actual author!

@MitchTalmadge is the author of the actual container here: https://github.com/MitchTalmadge/AMP-dockerized

I just put together the template to get it running on unRAID.

If anyone deserves the donation it's him, not me, just want to make sure it goes to the guy that did the actual hard work ;)

4 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

Glad you're enjoying it! 

Just an FYI - I am NOT the docker author, I know sometimes people get confused about who releases a docker template vs the actual author!

@MitchTalmadge is the author of the actual container here: https://github.com/MitchTalmadge/AMP-dockerized

I just put together the template to get it running on unRAID.

If anyone deserves the donation it's him, not me, just want to make sure it goes to the guy that did the actual hard work ;)

Aw thanks both of you! You really don't have to donate, I am just happy that people are enjoying the container :) If you feel compelled, I really do appreciate it. Here is the link: https://www.paypal.me/mitchtalmadge

Thank you so much for using the container!

Edited by MitchTalmadge
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if I should be asking this question here or on the AMP forums but here it goes.

I have 2 instances (Minecraft and Ark) up and running the the docker with out issues. I am currently working on getting a 3rd (Left 4 Dead 2) up and running. The instance installed perfectly, and the application updated fine as well. However when I try to start the server it self it bounces from having 0 memory to 23 and back again. A side note when I tried to start the server the first time after update it made me change the setting "Server IP Address - Which IP address the SRCDS server should listen on." from the loopback to eth0.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

settings.JPG

Edit - After about 2 hours it just crashed the instance. 

Edit 2 - This is all I found for log info
[01:42:50] [API:admin Activity]   : Starting the application.
[01:42:52] [srcds:admin Warning]  : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code 139
[01:42:54] [srcds:admin Warning]  : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code 139
[01:42:55] [srcds:admin Warning]  : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code 139

Edited by owzo
digging deeper
2 hours ago, iamgadgetman said:

I can't figure out why I'm not getting an IP.  Even if I put in a static IP, it doesn't show up in the list.  I put in the static mac and my license key.  I can't tell what I'm doing wrong.
image.thumb.png.e3065ab0c4bfd782e6ab9cf67ec7ab3d.png

image.thumb.png.ff33a0bc3f4c450d657cca81fa44cc87.png

If you're running a static IP on br0 you'll need to manually go to the web UI at http://192.168.128.20:8080 then.

If you run in regular bridge or host mode, then you would just use the built in webUI launcher, but make sure nothing else is already using port 8080 of course.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When doing initial configurate of the docker there are two ports I specify: Port "Web Interface Port", and Game Port "Port for you game."

I figured that would be a new port for the AMP GUI for Web Interface Port, and the Game Port would be copying over from the java binhex-minecraftserver that I have installed. But when I Apply the docker to pull it down, I get a failed report because the port I put in for Game Port is the same as the binhex-minecraftserver.

I changed the Game Port to something else random, and it comes right up.

Also: if I can't connect to my existing server, I'm supposed to do New Instance? That creates a whole new minecraft java server?

After initial setup, is there a way to point it at an existing docker server above? I've got it on port 25348

Edited by dkerlee
4 minutes ago, dkerlee said:

When doing initial configurate of the docker there are two ports I specify: Port "Web Interface Port", and Game Port "Port for you game."

I figured that would be a new port for the AMP GUI for Web Interface Port, and the Game Port would be copying over from the java binhex-minecraftserver that I have installed. But when I Apply the docker to pull it down, I get a failed report because the port I put in for Game Port is the same as the binhex-minecraftserver.

I changed the Game Port to something else random, and it comes right up.

Also: if I can't connect to my existing server, I'm supposed to do New Instance? That creates a whole new minecraft java server?

After initial setup, is there a way to point it at an existing docker server above? I've got it on port 25348

You can't use the same port on two containers.

It sounds like you're trying to run AMP and have it control your binhex minecraft server container, but that's not how this works, the idea is to have AMP run the minecraft server itself, it'll have a GUI to manage it via the web interface port, and the game port is your minecraft server port that you want to run on (e.g. 25348)

You would want to stop your binhex minecraft server, backup your world/users/etc and run that world from AMP instead. 

• Like 1

@CorneliousJD ahhhh. That worked great. I didn't have a world worth backup up anyhow.

It took me a minute to dig around in there: get the instance going,

I did get an error that I was able to fix up

rfxLDV0.png

so had to get into /mnt/user/appdata/amp/instances/prospectbasement/AMPConfig.conf

change line 52

from

Login.AuthServerURL=http://localhost:8084/

to

Login.AuthServerURL=http://192.168.11.53:8084/

that worked. I think someone may have had that issue before, something about br0 being static? My eth0 is static.

Alright, now that I've got this thing: what can I do with it?! Make managing the minecraft server easier I hope. I want to jam a few mods in there to make it prettier: Optifine, and some shaders (Sildurs Enhanced Default & Vibrant Shader VanillaPlus  Continuum 2.1 - Chocapic13 - Simplicissimus - UShader - Voyager Shader - . SEUS PTGI - https://www.patreon.com/sonicether)

I should do some youtube watchin'.

fun!

• Like 1

wrestling with this thing - I can't get connected to the server I've got.

In unRaid docker setup, under Game Port I've specified 25348. Under AMP, I clicked Edit Ports, and that looks correct

dpqhTrx.png

Here's the unRaid piece

R5Q6bam.png

It's says make additional ports if needed, and ask support thread (here right?!???) for help. I saw you'd mentioned it above to another post, that you'd share some screen shots. Ah, and on the first instruction piece of this thread, you mention specifying TCP or UDP. I don't see where to do that anywhere! Except when forwarding ports on my router, I chose BOTH.

The Console in AMP seems to be okay - I can see it's running. But I just get no joy trying to connect to the server. This feels like that old EULA problem I was having - is that taken care of here, or is that file still floating around somewhere? Where should I start troubleshooting this?

thanks!

Edited by dkerlee
7 hours ago, dkerlee said:

wrestling with this thing - I can't get connected to the server I've got.

In unRaid docker setup, under Game Port I've specified 25349. Under AMP, I clicked Edit Ports, and that looks correct

dpqhTrx.png

Here's the unRaid piece

R5Q6bam.png

You said port 25349 but the first screenshot shows that you are using port 25348. Perhaps that's the problem?

Edited by MitchTalmadge

derp. That's probably it. Rooting while tired, oh no!

I have a couple other questions:

Adding another port. Under the Docker Setup for AMP, "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" at the bottom, then I have to choose TCP or UDP. Defaults Java version is TCP, vs Bedrock is UDP (from github page). I believe @CorneliousJD was going to post some screenshots, but I didn't see any yet! So here's one...

kHg1T4t.png

I did notice on unRaid > Docker tab

172.17.0.4:25349/TCP192.168.11.53:25349
172.17.0.4:25565/TCP192.168.11.53:25348

So something about that isn't quite getting forwarded correctly.

Looks like it's listening on the right ports

root@rubble:~# lsof -i -P -n | grep LISTEN | grep 253
docker-pr  4314   root    4u  IPv6 745985546      0t0  TCP *:25348 (LISTEN)
docker-pr  4329   root    4u  IPv6 745990325      0t0  TCP *:25349 (LISTEN)

Tried changing host type, from Bridge to Host, got error

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: conflicting options: mac-address and the network mode.

The mac-address thing is important. I wonder why that was a problem. 

Edited by dkerlee