[SUPPORT] AMP (Application Management Panel) - CorneliousJD Repo

2 hours ago, dkerlee said:

derp. That's probably it. Rooting while tired, oh no!

I have a couple other questions:

Adding another port. Under the Docker Setup for AMP, "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" at the bottom, then I have to choose TCP or UDP. Defaults Java version is TCP, vs Bedrock is UDP (from github page). I believe @CorneliousJD was going to post some screenshots, but I didn't see any yet! So here's one...

kHg1T4t.png

I did notice on unRaid > Docker tab

172.17.0.4:25349/TCP192.168.11.53:25349
172.17.0.4:25565/TCP192.168.11.53:25348

So something about that isn't quite getting forwarded correctly.

Looks like it's listening on the right ports

root@rubble:~# lsof -i -P -n | grep LISTEN | grep 253
docker-pr  4314   root    4u  IPv6 745985546      0t0  TCP *:25348 (LISTEN)
docker-pr  4329   root    4u  IPv6 745990325      0t0  TCP *:25349 (LISTEN)

Tried changing host type, from Bridge to Host, got error

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: conflicting options: mac-address and the network mode.

The mac-address thing is important. I wonder why that was a problem. 

Looks like you're doing it correctly in your screenshot, the TCP vs UDP just depends on the specific game and if it's using TCP vs UDP, so you'll have to pick accordingly based on the game.

In regards to the "Something about this isn't quite forwarding correctly" though I do not understand.

172.17.0.4:25349/TCP192.168.11.53:25349

This is mathcing your screesnhot above perfectly.

What isn't forwarding correctly?

27 minutes ago, vespidflame said:

Good Afternoon,

I recently added this to docker collection. I mainly use it for Minecraft with my roomates. The issue that I am requesting assistance on is having the instances broadcast the world to the network. Is this a feature only on Mine-OS or can it be done in AMP as well?

This should be possible. I don't think it *broadcasts* out but as long as the ports are open the clients should scan the network and find it? 

1 hour ago, CorneliousJD said:

This should be possible. I don't think it *broadcasts* out but as long as the ports are open the clients should scan the network and find it? 

You are right. That's what I thought. It doesn't show up for any of my computers. The firewalls are disabled and nothing is showing. Is there anything I can try to change this?

25 minutes ago, vespidflame said:

You are right. That's what I thought. It doesn't show up for any of my computers. The firewalls are disabled and nothing is showing. Is there anything I can try to change this?

IIRC Minecraft will bind to an interface and use multicast on that to be discoverable, so this might not be making it out of hte container, or might be bound to the wrong interface? I'm not sure off hand, @MitchTalmadge might know more on this specific aspect.

Although, since your unRAID server presumably has a static IP address, you could have people on your LAN just add the server once and have it saved/bookmarked anyways, not exactly what you're looking for but way back when I used to hose MC worlds that's what we all did over WAN and on the LAN regardless.

Auto discovery of LAN servers is accomplished through Multicast which as far as I can tell is not supported by docker unless you use host networking, however I have never tried this and I'm not sure what consequences it could have. Basically with host networking, network configurations made by AMP inside the container will actually be applied to your host system, so AMP could potentially mess things up and in the worst case even make it so you can't access your server remotely anymore. But there's a chance it could work perfectly. I can't say for sure what will happen.

3 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

IIRC Minecraft will bind to an interface and use multicast on that to be discoverable, so this might not be making it out of hte container, or might be bound to the wrong interface? I'm not sure off hand, @MitchTalmadge might know more on this specific aspect.

Although, since your unRAID server presumably has a static IP address, you could have people on your LAN just add the server once and have it saved/bookmarked anyways, not exactly what you're looking for but way back when I used to hose MC worlds that's what we all did over WAN and on the LAN regardless.

3 hours ago, MitchTalmadge said:

Auto discovery of LAN servers is accomplished through Multicast which as far as I can tell is not supported by docker unless you use host networking, however I have never tried this and I'm not sure what consequences it could have. Basically with host networking, network configurations made by AMP inside the container will actually be applied to your host system, so AMP could potentially mess things up and in the worst case even make it so you can't access your server remotely anymore. But there's a chance it could work perfectly. I can't say for sure what will happen.

I ran Mine-OS in a docker container before and it seemed to work. Not comparing the two. This container is way better. I'm just a bit confused on what @MitchTalmadge is trying to explain. is there a way I can check to see if it is open? Below are the two port bindings I see. I primarily Use the Br0 since it allows me to have multiple minecraft servers run with ports 25565-25570 at the same time and be able to connect manually.

Capture 2.PNG

Capture.PNG

17 hours ago, vespidflame said:

I ran Mine-OS in a docker container before and it seemed to work. Not comparing the two. This container is way better. I'm just a bit confused on what @MitchTalmadge is trying to explain. is there a way I can check to see if it is open? Below are the two port bindings I see. I primarily Use the Br0 since it allows me to have multiple minecraft servers run with ports 25565-25570 at the same time and be able to connect manually.

Capture 2.PNG

Capture.PNG

The one running br0 should have all ports open to it since you don't have to actually pass any through, does that one still not show up unelss you manually add it in Minecraft?

Mitch is saying that bridge networking in docker will at least for sure not allow multicast packets to flow, so you would need to use host networking.

I THINK br0 would work simlarly to host networking, which allows any ports requested to flow through to the assigned IP?

1 hour ago, CorneliousJD said:

The one running br0 should have all ports open to it since you don't have to actually pass any through, does that one still not show up unelss you manually add it in Minecraft?

Mitch is saying that bridge networking in docker will at least for sure not allow multicast packets to flow, so you would need to use host networking.

I THINK br0 would work simlarly to host networking, which allows any ports requested to flow through to the assigned IP?

When using br0, The client still is unable to see the Minecraft instance. I am not sure if there is something in AMP that I need to configure as nothing shows such function. When running on br0, I am able to connect to multiple ports manually but no server's will not show up when the client scans the network. Could this be a AMP limitation?

1 minute ago, vespidflame said:

When using br0, The client still is unable to see the Minecraft instance. I am not sure if there is something in AMP that I need to configure as nothing shows such function. When running on br0, I am able to connect to multiple ports manually but no server's will not show up when the client scans the network. Could this be a AMP limitation?

So to clarify -- you can connect to the minecraft server manually by putting in the IP and port, but on the server page it won't automatically find the server? If this is the situation you find yourself in, the reason is what I said about multicast. It's not an AMP limitation, but a Docker limitation. AMP is capable of multicast, but Docker is not in its default configuration. 

To give you some context, multicast is one of three ways that clients communicate with each other. There is unicast, where one computer talks directly to another computer; there is broadcast, where one computer sends a message to all other computers in the network, and multicast where one computer sends a message to one or more computers, depending on who subscribes to hear about it. In this case, the Minecraft client detects servers by subscribing to a multicast channel where all the servers will send "I am available" messages.

The problem is that Docker is a containerization service that puts the image inside its own private network, and multicast channels are a network-private concept. So the clients are technically on a separate network from the server, as if the server was on your friend's computer at their house. The way to get around this is by using host networking as I linked to in my previous post. This eliminates the private network and runs the server on the same network as your unraid machine, so multicast should work again. I suggest trying that if you really need server discovery. I've never tried it with this image but I think it should be fine.

6 hours ago, MitchTalmadge said:

So to clarify -- you can connect to the minecraft server manually by putting in the IP and port, but on the server page it won't automatically find the server? If this is the situation you find yourself in, the reason is what I said about multicast. It's not an AMP limitation, but a Docker limitation. AMP is capable of multicast, but Docker is not in its default configuration. 

To give you some context, multicast is one of three ways that clients communicate with each other. There is unicast, where one computer talks directly to another computer; there is broadcast, where one computer sends a message to all other computers in the network, and multicast where one computer sends a message to one or more computers, depending on who subscribes to hear about it. In this case, the Minecraft client detects servers by subscribing to a multicast channel where all the servers will send "I am available" messages.

The problem is that Docker is a containerization service that puts the image inside its own private network, and multicast channels are a network-private concept. So the clients are technically on a separate network from the server, as if the server was on your friend's computer at their house. The way to get around this is by using host networking as I linked to in my previous post. This eliminates the private network and runs the server on the same network as your unraid machine, so multicast should work again. I suggest trying that if you really need server discovery. I've never tried it with this image but I think it should be fine.

I went ahead and tried this. Didnt seem to work. I also tried other programs that use multicast that I has on my network and they seem to work just fine on my unraid machine. I think there might be something missing in this. To answer your question on why I would need this is quite simple. I have a household that just want to install and connect without bothering me while I work. Plus, It helps to understand how docker works. Any other advice I could use and test?

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Entxawp said:

Heyo, I'm having trouble when I run weekly backups, just like after last week's back-up all of the instances have licence problems and need to be reactivated. Apearenly this is due to a wrong auth server URL, how do I fix this?

Do you have a static MAC address set? 

What error with the auth URL are you receiving? 

21 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

Do you have a static MAC address set? 

What error with the auth URL are you receiving? 

[13:04:45] [Core Info]            : Running in a Docker environment.
[13:04:45] [Core Warning]         : Current time zone is set to CET - Servers should ideally be UTC to avoid time-zone related issues
[13:04:45] [Core Info]            : OS: Linux / x86_64
[13:04:45] [Core Info]            : CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 12-Core Processor (12C/24T)
[13:04:45] [Core Info]            : AMP Instance ID: 3debdf2f-9fbe-40cd-a0f2-b20105ed69af
[13:04:46] [ModuleLoader Info]    : Loaded MinecraftModule version 1.0.0.3 by CubeCoders Limited
[13:04:46] [ModuleLoader Info]    : Loaded FileManagerPlugin version 1.0.0.0 by CubeCoders Limited
[13:04:46] [ModuleLoader Info]    : Loaded EmailSenderPlugin version 1.0.0.0 by CubeCoders Limited
[13:04:46] [ModuleLoader Info]    : Loaded WebRequestPlugin version 1.0.0.0 by CubeCoders Limited
[13:04:46] [ModuleLoader Info]    : Loaded LocalFileBackupPlugin version 1.0.0.0 by CubeCoders Limited
[13:04:46] [ModuleLoader Info]    : Loaded CommonCorePlugin version 1.0.0.0 by CubeCoders Limited
[13:04:46] [FileManager Notice]   : Using keypair with fingerprint FX/QoxIyrsFiw16bF1wBi9B42GEI7tpg4JOj4qsdzuM=
[13:04:46] [FileManager Info]     : SFTP Server started on 0.0.0.0:2225
[13:04:46] [Core Error]           : No valid AMP licence was found. Please run `ampinstmgr reactivate BungeeCordProxy` to reactivate this instance.

Just the reactivate with ampisntmgr. Also I did not set a static MAC address (doing it right now)

EDIT: This indeed solved the problem, thank you very much

Edited by Entxawp
7 hours ago, Entxawp said:

Just the reactivate with ampisntmgr. Also I did not set a static MAC address (doing it right now)

EDIT: This indeed solved the problem, thank you very much

yep, that static MAC is definately needed otherwise when the conatiner is restarted or updated it will get a new MAC address and thus need the license keys again.

That should fix it moving forward though, happy to help! :)

I'm struggling with Valheim. I have a Minecraft server running in AMP on the same server, works fine. I set up a Valheim instance, imported my world, and added the three ports Valheim uses to the Docker panel in UNRAID. But when I try to connect a client, I just get "Server is not responding." Is there some other set of ports I need to forward?

Edited by kraetos
20 hours ago, kraetos said:

I'm struggling with Valheim. I have a Minecraft server running in AMP on the same server, works fine. I set up a Valheim instance, imported my world, and added the three ports Valheim uses to the Docker panel in UNRAID. But when I try to connect a client, I just get "Server is not responding." Is there some other set of ports I need to forward?

Here's my setup screenshots, hope it helps!

AMP/Configuration/Networking

image.png.53cad9831654767ddf61e9cc43d31233.png

Valheim Instance Ports

image.png.a052e70d7b930e54152d7becee7791b4.png

Then in Valheim instance, configuration, server, you can set your wold name, seed, and password (must have password from everything I'm reading i think?)

Then forward ports 2456-2458 *UDP* through your firewall, or to test locally just connect to your unraid IP running AMP on port 2457 (the actual port it uses to connect).

e.g. 192.168.1.100:2457

6 minutes ago, J_Hizzal said:

Trying to start a clean install of this with the default username and password and I continue to get "Invalid Username or password". Any tips on how to just login?

AMP_Unraid_Configuration.PNG

AMP_UI_LoginFailure.PNG

Weird, I've never had the defaults not work. Wild suggestion but check for trailing spaces on the username or password. Maybe one snuck in there. Alternatively try recreating the image. Sorry for the trouble, I'll do my best to help you get this working!

Thanks y'all, I have ensured no spaces and have tried different username/password combos. Still won't let me log in. Definitely a weird issue that I'm not sure how to get around.

Edit: I've tried in Microsoft Edge and still the same problem. I've deleted the container and tried without changing anything other than adding the MAC Address and my license. Still giving me the same error.

Edited by J_Hizzal

EDIT: Solved the problem. For some reason, there were two "amp" folders in my AppData. Not sure how that second one got there (I did something to jack it up I'm 100% sure) but removing the container, deleting both folders, and then re-installing AMP solved my problem.

47 minutes ago, MitchTalmadge said:

Weird, I've never had the defaults not work. Wild suggestion but check for trailing spaces on the username or password. Maybe one snuck in there. Alternatively try recreating the image. Sorry for the trouble, I'll do my best to help you get this working!

Should I see an entry in the logs for the creation of the admin user specified in the variables? Here is my log file from startup:

Note: This is an UNOFFICIAL IMAGE for CubeCoders AMP. This was created by the community, NOT CubeCoders.
Please, DO NOT contact CubeCoders (Discord or otherwise) for technical support when using this image.
They do not support nor endorse this image and will not help you.
Instead, please direct support requests to https://github.com/MitchTalmadge/AMP-dockerized/issues.
We are happy to help you there!
Thank you!!
----------------------

Copying AMP Core...
Ensuring AMP user exists...
Adding group `amp' (GID 1000) ...
Done.
Adding system user `amp' (UID 1000) ...
Adding new user `amp' (UID 1000) with group `amp' ...
Not creating home directory `/home/amp'.
Ensuring correct file permissions...
Setting timezone from TZ env var...

Current default time zone: 'America/Detroit'
Local time is now: Fri Feb 26 20:02:37 EST 2021.
Universal Time is now: Sat Feb 27 01:02:37 UTC 2021.

Making sure Main instance exists...
Setting all instances to use MainLine updates...
> Main:
[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.1.0.10 built 24/02/2021 14:40
[Info] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Info] This instance is already on the Mainline release stream.
Upgrading Instances...
[Info] Upgrading instance Main
[Info] Using cached archive: /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-21010.zip
[Info] Upgrade successful
Ensuring Main Instance will Start on Boot...
Starting AMP...
[Info] Waiting for AMP instance to start...
[Notice] AMP instance Main is now running.
AMP Started.
----------------------
NOTICE: Java 11 is the new default in this image. If you require Java 8 (e.g. for old Minecraft servers), you may select it through the Java Configuration section in the AMP Web UI. Otherwise, Java 11 will be used automatically.
----------------------
Entrypoint Sleeping. Logs can be viewed through AMP web UI or at ampdata/instances/Main/AMP_Logs

Edited by J_Hizzal
Issue solved.

Hi! 

I'm using your container (thank you!) pretty successfully, except for one weird issue: The main instances page doesn't seem to be able to send start/stop commands to the individual instancs. (other commands seem to work though: I can change port bindings, for example)

I had a Minecraft instance set to autostart after 10 seconds. This status is reflected in the main menu, but if I actually open the instance, it's still off. Likewise if I manually start/stop from the main page - when I manage the instance to check, its status hasn't changed.

I don't see anything much in the log, at least no obvious failures:

image.thumb.png.d5bbaacafe0e172b43526582bab57beb.png

I have this setup on a custom network, with a static IP, if that makes any difference. (networking is not my strong suit).

Anything else I can check, or any ideas on where to look?

Edited by -Daedalus