[SUPPORT] AMP (Application Management Panel) - CorneliousJD Repo

18 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

I'm mobile, but *instance* start and *application* start are different. Be sure inside the instance it's set to start the application under config and then I think amp core? 

Otherwise it will start the instance but not the actual minecraft (or game) server.

That was it! Thank you, it wasn't immediately obvious that "instance" and "application" are treated differently.

Really excited to find this as a docker. I had it running on a VM and it was fantastic. 

But I am having some issues with the initial login. I've read through the thread here, deleted appdata for AMP and tried the image again, but still no dice. Tried changing the defaults and that also didn't work. Any other solutions? 

Edit: 4th time is the charm? Ran though removing everything, downloading, and setting up for at least the 4th or 5th time. This time it all works?! Gotta love technology

Edited by iamnotvulgar

Second issue for you Cornelious:

I really love the idea of sticky backups.

To test this, I created a trigger to run a backup every 10 minutes from within the Minecraft instance under "Schedule".

I limited the backups to 12 under "Configuration > Backup limits" (the size options were left extremely large so as not to be a factor)

I let the game run to create a couple of automatic backups

I created a manual backup called "STARRED" with a description, and Sticky = On.

image.thumb.png.fa40bba187448a9982fafbc2fba6c92e.png

Any ideas as to why my sticky backup is still getting deleted?

I would think it should keep it at the bottom, and cycle through the 11 remaining backups every 10 minutes.

Might it have something to do with some backups being created by "admin" and some by "SYSTEM"?

image.thumb.png.11ffddeefe6018caab37ba676fc89825.png

Edited by -Daedalus
2 hours ago, -Daedalus said:

I really love the idea of sticky backups.

To test this, I created a trigger to run a backup every 10 minutes from within the Minecraft instance under "Schedule".

I limited the backups to 12 under "Configuration > Backup limits" (the size options were left extremely large so as not to be a factor)

I let the game run to create a couple of automatic backups

I created a manual backup called "STARRED" with a description, and Sticky = On.

Any ideas as to why my sticky backup is still getting deleted?

I would think it should keep it at the bottom, and cycle through the 11 remaining backups every 10 minutes.

Might it have something to do with some backups being created by "admin" and some by "SYSTEM"?

So I honestly have no idea. I don't use sticky backups personally in my instances, but this is definately more of how AMP works rather than the docker. You might have better luck with questions on AMP itself over at their support forums. 

https://support.cubecoders.com/

If I knew the answer, of cousre I'd tell you here no problem! 

This is more-so focused on docker and unraid specific setup issues and troubles here though. 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, -Daedalus said:

I figured I should post on AMP about this, except for the big warning on your Git page. :P

I'll go do that, see what they come back with. 

FWIW they also have a very active discord server too and there's a #techsupport channel there. I have gotten lots of help there in the past with AMP. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Im having some issues setting up an Valheim server. So i have tested to download a CS server that was working fine but i get the following error every time i try to start or make the server create it self. I have followed the guide and everything

The docker is running in bridged mode.

Any ideas what this might be caused by.

image.png.b8dbbe2da2dedc12a37ced46fd7447ef.png

6 hours ago, Smurre said:

Im having some issues setting up an Valheim server. So i have tested to download a CS server that was working fine but i get the following error every time i try to start or make the server create it self. I have followed the guide and everything

The docker is running in bridged mode.

Any ideas what this might be caused by.

image.png.b8dbbe2da2dedc12a37ced46fd7447ef.png

Are you getting anything in the logs at all? 

Sounds like an AMP issue directly rather than a docker issue since you were able to spin up a CS server.

You might get help faster in the AMP discord - but feel free to post the logs here and we can all take a look! 

1 minute ago, Smurre said:

Yeah i thought so to but im not getting this issue on my other instance that i made before

this is the error Im seeing

image.thumb.png.ffd0165c48ac81843774953f71460017.png

Hmmm, it's saying the file/folder already exists. Have you tried making a new Valheim instance with a different name? This should change the name of the folder it ends up in. Worth a shot!

Otherise, you could try deleting the whole folder it references /instannces/Valheim01/Valheim/ and try re-starting it after that?

3 minutes ago, Smurre said:

Yeah i thought so to but im not getting this issue on my other instance that i made before

this is the error Im seeing

image.thumb.png.ffd0165c48ac81843774953f71460017.png

I just looked in the discord for this error and someone suggests stopping AMP, go to genericmodule.kvp (inside Valheim instance dir), edit it, and change

"UpdateSource":1,"UpdateSourceData":""

to 

"UpdateSource":4,"UpdateSourceData":"896660"

Hopefully this works

Hey look at that it worked. I did as for help there earlier but since i was running it in unraid and i mentioned it i did not get any help so i stopped searching but normally i look around there for awnsers. So yeah the solution worked.

1 minute ago, Smurre said:

Hey look at that it worked. I did as for help there earlier but since i was running it in unraid and i mentioned it i did not get any help so i stopped searching but normally i look around there for awnsers. So yeah the solution worked.

Yeah they are kinda jerks when it comes to helping Docker / Unraid users. They don't care what the problem is, the moment they hear Unraid they stop listening. Oh well. We have been pretty good at solving the problems on our own. Glad it worked!

Edited by MitchTalmadge
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, JPSang said:

Is this how you add extra port for AMP? image.png.cfac2bc4f53a12a7ab13ed545ca41390.png

You can edit existing one, the example one there was for Minecraft.

If you want to run a different game, either edit that port or add a new one.

The best bet is actually going to be to create a NEW port listing. 

At the bottom of the container template, you'll see "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"

Click that, and then you can give it a name, and select a port (or port range), and be sure to pick if it's TCP or UDP as well, different games will be TCP and others will be UDP.

For simplicity, make the container port and host port the same (advanced users can change this if needed).

image.png.0fc5092c34bc496966c4635c8c6c89b2.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, MitchTalmadge said:

Yeah they are kinda jerks when it comes to helping Docker / Unraid users.

I can understand this part. If they don't have the proper knowledge to help, they can't really help.

I'm having an issue though.
I'm trying to setup a Valheim server with the default ports 2456-2458 just to see if I even can get it to work.
I've added the MAC address into extra parameters, and forwarded the ports to AMP, and added the ports in the network configurations of AMP. The license was added without issues as well and I can see it being used in the license management on the website.
The server is not showing up. I headed over to the Discord and asked about it. As in the quote, they pointed me here. I did ask about the usage since I wasn't sure how to use it.

When I go into mange of the Valheim server, I'm getting this:

image.png.b8a2633a8ff810b4407b08e31d19ec83.png

How do I proceed from here?

5 hours ago, Nanobug said:

I can understand this part. If they don't have the proper knowledge to help, they can't really help.

I'm having an issue though.
I'm trying to setup a Valheim server with the default ports 2456-2458 just to see if I even can get it to work.
I've added the MAC address into extra parameters, and forwarded the ports to AMP, and added the ports in the network configurations of AMP. The license was added without issues as well and I can see it being used in the license management on the website.
The server is not showing up. I headed over to the Discord and asked about it. As in the quote, they pointed me here. I did ask about the usage since I wasn't sure how to use it.

When I go into mange of the Valheim server, I'm getting this:

image.png.b8a2633a8ff810b4407b08e31d19ec83.png

How do I proceed from here?

That's something CorneliousJD can't fix for you. It's an old AMP bug they even tell about on Discord. They normally would fix this for you in a second, but I guess you told 'em you're using the Docker application through Unraid.

Fix: Right click your instance > Browse Datastore > Edit the GenericModule.kvp > Change the matching 2 lines to those:

App.UpdateSource=Multi
App.UpdateSources=[{"UpdateStageName": "SteamCMD Download","UpdateSourcePlatform": "All", "UpdateSource": "SteamCMD", "UpdateSourceData": "896660"}]

------

But I also got a question to you guys. Any clue why my instances don't start anymore after rebooting? I would guess it's something about the mac address parameter, but it doesn't matter if I use it or not, the instances won't start. They say they're started but turn offline as soon as I wanna manage 'em.

3 minutes ago, SoNiice said:

But I also got a question to you guys. Any clue why my instances don't start anymore after rebooting? I would guess it's something about the mac address parameter, but it doesn't matter if I use it or not, the instances won't start. They say they're started but turn offline as soon as I wanna manage 'em.

In settings - amp core, make sure startup mode is "start the application"

image.thumb.png.eccb991840dc16f366c20f30157758f0.png

This actually causes it to start the instance AND startup the server.

Also make sure your instance itself is set to start on boot too.

image.png.59fe25f1be4321b37caa0f0ab04b763a.png

Both are default settings, I'm a long time AMP user, that's nothing new to me. Just checked the logs and saw it's the mac address. It's deactivating it keys, because the mac address did change even though I applied a static one?

Edit:

Working just fine after manually inserting the key into the instance again.

Edited by SoNiice
3 minutes ago, SoNiice said:

Both are default settings, I'm a long time AMP user, that's nothing new to me. Just checked the logs and saw it's the mac address. It's deactivating it keys, because the mac address did change even though I applied a static one?

Edit:

Working just fine after manually inserting the key into the instance again.

It should stay like that now that you've manually activated, you should be able to stop/restart the docker, and do "force update" and verify that it still works after that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SoNiice said:

That's something CorneliousJD can't fix for you. It's an old AMP bug they even tell about on Discord. They normally would fix this for you in a second, but I guess you told 'em you're using the Docker application through Unraid.

Fix: Right click your instance > Browse Datastore > Edit the GenericModule.kvp > Change the matching 2 lines to those:

App.UpdateSource=Multi
App.UpdateSources=[{"UpdateStageName": "SteamCMD Download","UpdateSourcePlatform": "All", "Updat

That worked! Thanks!
So.... Where do I change the server name, pw and all that? I can't find the files for it.

Also, is this the solution if other games has issues?

18 hours ago, Nanobug said:

That worked! Thanks!
So.... Where do I change the server name, pw and all that? I can't find the files for it.

Also, is this the solution if other games has issues?

That solution works for every game that has to update through the steamcmd, you just have to adjust the update id. You can get those from here: https://steamdb.info/app/896660/

About the server configuration: Instance > Configuration > Server

11 minutes ago, SoNiice said:

That solution works for every game that has to update through the steamcmd, you just have to adjust the update id. You can get those from here: https://steamdb.info/app/896660/

About the server configuration: Instance > Configuration > Server

Alright. I've written it into my notes now. Thanks.

I didn't realize that you had to go into the instance.
So an instance, in this case, is the actual game server?