Unraid just works. And its one of the best buys I made

kevinm79

Hi all

It's not often I write in forums or express my opinions. But today is a day I feel I must.

I have been using unraid for quite a few years now. I believe it's been over 5 years. But for the life of me cannot find the email from when I bought my licence. 

When I embarked on the journey of wanting raid like features but without actually using a traditional raid. I looked over loads of options and even bought and tried FlexRAID and thought it was working well until I had a drive failure that it did not warn me of and data lost because it refused to recover. Plus a few other issues but I do not like to badmouth other products.

So I started looking again and saw the various offerings but none of them was really user friendly for a noob like me. Then I happened to stumble onto unraid and thought I would give the limited (I believe it was 3 hdd) trial a go. 

Oh it was everything I ever needed in a storage solution simple to use, can upgrade hdds down the line without a painful process etc.

A short while later disaster hit and and I suffered a failed 3TB seagate hdd (I know plenty of us have suffered losses due to seagate). But I still had access to all my data until a new drive came. Popped in the new drive and it rebuilt and away I went again.

Then one day I thought I really want to upgrade my array to handle 6TB drives and was not looking forward to it. Found it was just easy to do again. rebuilds happened and once again Unraid is just working,

Last week another seagate 3tb failed (surprised it lasted so long) And as I am writing this a 6TB hdd has replaced it and is 1.5% into the rebuild.

So really thank you Lime Technology for actually selling a product that really works well and kept active development adding items. (also adding more drives to the plus licence). 

Well done

Kevin

EDIT  Just found my reg date Sat 04 Oct 2014 09:10:13 PM BST :)

Edited by kevinm79
  • Like 6