A mandatory smart command failed exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

Hello,

This error came back while my system was running but everytime i reboot the drive is fine. Other topics suggest the drive is dropping offline but i double checked and it should be fine even replaced the sata cable for it.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be i have attached the report to this topic.

Cheers,

unraid-diagnostics-20201028-2224.zip

Edited by HisEvilness
3 minutes ago, trurl said:

^this

As i am new  to Unraid how would i troubleshoot this other then replace the PSU and SATA? Swap out mobo? i could add in card for SATA ports see if that helps etc. replace the SSD? other mech drives are fine it is just the SSD.

Edited by HisEvilness
55 minutes ago, trurl said:

Still not getting SMART report for cache. How is this drive attached?

Drive is attached via SATA directly to the motherboard, mounted behind the motherboard tray, check the Phanteks Enthoo Lux, back tray on the rear with the SSD mount. http://www.phanteks.com/images/product/Enthoo-Luxe/Black/Luxe-5z.jpg

Attached is the SMART report for the drive in question. I've done the short and long SMART test and, I did a full Array scan.

unraid-smart-20201029-0113.zip

Edited by HisEvilness
4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Device dropped offline, this looks more like a connection problem.

Yes but replacing the SATA cables does not work, the PSU is a 500 watt gold from bequiet. After a reboot the drive does not show up in a regular report. Since none of the other drives have these problems, one having 3 years of power on time there must be something with the drive. I have 30 days or more to return items so i can with a bit of hassle see if this works.

Edited by HisEvilness