Unraid is "Unable to write to Docker Image" :(

Jukes

Hi,

let me start with this: I am a total noob :D

I think I did something very stupid. I have 2 NVME-SSDs as a Cache-Pool and I removed the second and put it in another NVME-Slot on the Motherboard (for PCIE-Lane-Reasons). I restarted Unraid and I had "Missing Devices"-Errors. So I stopped the array, disabled the second nvme. Started it und then stopped the array again and added it again. But now I have this big problem:

Fix Common Problems says: "Unable to write to Docker Image" and all of my dockers have problems.

And when I want to Update a Docker it says: "Error: open /var/lib/docker/tmp/GetImageBlob180878140: read-only file system"

What can I do here? 

I am no expert, but I think you are mixing things.

• The system share is where the file docker.img is stored. In there is store the generic images pulled from the internet. The path you mention looks OK for me. If you want to have it on your cache drive, you have to make sure that the system share is indeed on your cache (Prefer would be good).
  • The appdata share is where your dockers are writing the files specific to your system. They are generally best on an SSD too, so the setting you have currently (Prefer) looks OK.

yes, you are right! It all worked! Now I can use my docker again.

But there are more problems now :D, I don't know whats going on:

1. Problem: my 2nd SSD in the Cache-Pool is in the cache-pool and displayed as unassigned device?!

2. My VMs stopped working. They are not booting anymore.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-30 um 16.18.44.jpg

Scrubbing doesn't work for me. Always NVME-Missing-Errors. So I decided to remove my Cache completely and start fresh again.

I set all my shares to "Cache:Yes" so that the mover moves the files to the array. This worked, but not all files were moved. There a still 1,74GB on my Cache-Drive, that the mover won't touch. Do you maybe have a solution for this pariticular problem? (I have Disabled Dockers and VMs)

11 minutes ago, Jukes said:

There a still 1,74GB on my Cache-Drive, that the mover won't touch. Do you maybe have a solution for this pariticular problem? (I have Disabled Dockers and VMs)

Are you sure there are actual files there (if so which ones) rather than this simply being the file system overhead?