Unraid Phone Home to another Unraid?

My primary Unraid server ('Unraid Server 1') is happy here at home. 

I have reverse proxy with delugevpn, swag, dynamic dns, OpenVPN-as server, nextcloud, bidwarden, etc. and everything works as SpaceInvadorOne taught me in the videos.  When I'm remote I can open up my laptop and run OpenVPN and connect to my home network from anywhere and my mapped shares on 'Unraid Server 1' connect just fine just like if I was sitting at home.  Super cool!!

I recently upgraded the drives in 'Unraid Server 1' and thought it would be neat to slap the old drives in a spare rig and now I have 'Unraid Server 2'. 

My father lives about an hour away, has a fast FiOS pipe, and graciously offered to let me set up Server 2 there so I can use as a remote backup server of my critical non-media files.  

All of the VPN forum posts, youtube videos, etc. that I can find show setting up Unraid as a server (like how I have 'Unraid Server 1' configured). 

BUT, I want 'Unraid Server 2' to be plugged in my Dad's home network and visible like it's on my home network.  I DO NOT want to see his stuff on my home network.  I'd prefer not to mess with his router.

How can I set up 'Unraid Server 2' as a VPN Client where it'll just seamlessly phone home to my Server 1?  

Ideally, I want to be able to map a share located on Server 2 (remote) that Server 1 (and any of my local network PCs) will see and I can send regular backups to of my critical documents, etc. using Duplicati or something similar.

Thanks @Ford Prefect!

I didn't have any luck with the OpenVPN-client plugin - keep getting errors and then I read on the forum it might be OBE since wireguard is built-in now.  Taking your advice.

So I got wireguard working, I think...It does a handshake and according to the status page data is being exchanged, but I can't see Server 2 from Server 1.  Tried adding a share by server name or the wireguard local IP and no luck.  I currently have it set to Remote Tunneled.  Or do I want LAN-to-LAN?

I really want to see Server 2 from my local network at home, too.

try simple things first, ping IPs of either side of the tunnel.

When the tunnel is working, remember that each side does not know the host-names of the other.

So check if services you use are based on host-names, replace them (URLs in Browser) with IPs or add the hosts to your local DNS.

LAN-LAN would open the IP-Segment to the other side, I think...which is something you did not want.

I don't use wireguard myself...better ask in the other, appropriate section of the forum if problems persist, like here: 

• 4 weeks later...