[SOLVED] HP Procurve 10g Switch - Connection Issues

pm1961

I've had Mellanox 10G fibre connections in my machines quite happily (peer to peer) for some time now.... 

Since I introduced a 10G switch, I'm having problems with my Unraid servers, but not my W10 box, ,which works fine.

Hopefully the picture explains all........

The W10 machine is happily connected to the internet and any other devices connected to the switch.

Unraid 1 shows up in the windows file manager but won't display folders and files. I can succesfully ping Unraid 1 from the W10 machine.

Unraid 2 doesn't show up at all and can't be pinged from the W10 machine, or the other Unraid machine.

IPMI works fine for both Unraid machines and is connected through 1G ports on the switch. I can manipulate both Unraid boxes from the W10 machine.

Both Unraid machines work fine on the network if I just use the onboard 1G NICs to the switch.

Do I need to isolate those onboard NICs in the Unraid config so that they don't get loaded at all when using the 10G NICs?

Any help greatly appreciated!

TIA1406865060_unraidnetwork.thumb.jpg.0f9e03b28288c977deda7901c546f075.jpg

• pm1961 changed the title to [SOLVED] HP Procurve 10g Switch - Connection Issues

Kinda solved..... I think...........

I resorted to a bit of advice I've seen before which seems to be a blunt but effective tool for dealing with all sorts of network issues....

I used MC in terminal to delete the network config files on the flash drive and rebooted to allow it to rebuild the config files how it sees fit.

I'm not clever enough to know how that works, but it seems to have sorted itself out now. Clever ol' thing.

Happy days.