Kworker events_power_efficient consumes 100% of the CPU

sywor

Hi!
Recently my unraid machine have started become unresponsive after approximately 3 days after reboot. As you can see in the attached image the kworker events_power_efficient consumes all the cpu and there are several other kworker kblocked processes filling up the rest of the top consuming processes. The web GUI is unresponsive so I don't know how to save the System Diagnostics.

Worth noting is that the machine has been running non-stop perfectly for four months before this started happening earlier this week. 

tower_kworker.png

I had to reboot the machine because now even the console where unresponsive. After reboot I manage to collect the diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20201031-1233.zip

Edit:

Note that I did not start the array when the collected this diagnostics file. It just occurred to me that it might be required.
Should I collect another diagnostics file or is the one above enough?

Edited by sywor
9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

No need to bump, you said everything was normal in safe mode, and the diags are consistent with that, if it isn't please post diags showing that.

No that's not what I wrote. I cannot export diagnostics when it happens since it is by then it is already too late to do anything. Anyways.

I have now turned on syslog persistence to flash. hoppfull at least the syslog should be saved when it happens again. 

Edited by sywor
20 minutes ago, sywor said:

No that's not what I wrote. I cannot export diagnostics when it happens since it is by then it is already too late to do anything. Anyways.

That's why I said no need to say you're bumping the thread, just report that.

21 minutes ago, sywor said:

I have now turned on syslog persistence to flash. hoppfull at least the syslog should be saved when it happens again. 

That's worth a try, hopefully it will catch something.

• 3 weeks later...