[Plugins] iSCSI GUI and ISCSI Target

SimonF

3 hours ago, laidou said:

33.png

Everything seems OK from the Diagnostics and even from the posted log.

Did your run iSCSI before? you can also delete the configuration from it by issuing this command from the command line (this exact command!):

rm -R /boot/config/iscsi

(please do this after removing the plugin itself!

If you got further issues I would recommend that you remove the plugin, after that reboot your server and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Everything seems OK from the Diagnostics and even from the posted log.

Did your run iSCSI before? you can also delete the configuration from it by issuing this command from the command line (this exact command!):

rm -R /boot/config/iscsi

(please do this after removing the plugin itself!

If you got further issues I would recommend that you remove the plugin, after that reboot your server and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

之前运行正常,unraid升级6.11.5、iscsi升级11.06后,出现该问题删除。

删除插件,并通过共享删除config内iscsi文件,然后重启unraid后,再次安装iscsi插件,问题依旧。。。

2 minutes ago, laidou said:

之前运行正常,unraid升级6.11.5、iscsi升级11.06后,出现该问题删除。

unraid从6.11.0升级到6.11.5,iscsi插件从7.23升级到11.06

10 minutes ago, laidou said:

What error do you get? Can you post a screenshot from what is not working or is it the screenshot from what you posted earlier that the plugin is in the Plugin Installation Error tab in Unraid?

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What error do you get? Can you post a screenshot from what is not working or is it the screenshot from what you posted earlier that the plugin is in the Plugin Installation Error tab in Unraid?

移除iscsi插件重新安装后,插件正常使用,但重新启动unraid后,iscsi插件提示错误,显示在下图位置

11.png

31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

unraid系统退回6.11.0,iscsi插件退回7.25,运行正常

3 minutes ago, laidou said:

移除iscsi插件重新安装后,插件正常使用,但重新启动unraid后,iscsi插件提示错误,显示在下图位置

Please try the following:

1. Klick on Remove at the page where you posted the Screenshot
  2. Execute these commands from a Unraid Terminal (this exact command!):
    rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/iSCSIgui.plg /boot/config/plugins/unraid.iSCSI
  3. Reboot your server
  4. Try to install the plugin and wait for the DONE button to appear
  5. Reboot your server again and see if you experience the same issue

Usually this should solve your issue, please follow the instructions step by step.

Just now, laidou said:

虚拟机运行了openwrt

Please upgrade to 6.11.5, after that you will see that the iSCSI Plugin failed to install and then try to install the plugin again from the CA App.

You can also try to uninstall the plugin when you are still on 6.11.0, after that reboot, when you are finally on 6.11.5 install the iSCSI plugin again from the CA App and everything should work as expected.

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please upgrade to 6.11.5, after that you will see that the iSCSI Plugin failed to install and then try to install the plugin again from the CA App.

You can also try to uninstall the plugin when you are still on 6.11.0, after that reboot, when you are finally on 6.11.5 install the iSCSI plugin again from the CA App and everything should work as expected.

升级6.11.5后,iscsi插件未更新,插件不显示配置信息,移除重新安装后插件正常运行,重启unraid后,还是报错。。

按大佬之前说的步骤,进行删除后重新安装,问题没有解决。。

4 minutes ago, laidou said:

按大佬之前说的步骤,进行删除后重新安装,问题没有解决。。

Currently I cannot restart my machine because it has some serious work to do and therefore I can't test it.

Please Install the Plugin on 6.11.5 (so that it is actually working), then reboot and pull the Diagnostics, without installing it again so that I can see what happens on boot with the plugin.

The Diagnostics that you've posted above clearly shows that the plugin was installed after the start from the Array and I see no indication that it was installed before the Array was started (at boot time).

Another minor thing is that you should remove the NerdPack since it is marked as deprecated on Unraid 6.11+

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Currently I cannot restart my machine because it has some serious work to do and therefore I can't test it.

Please Install the Plugin on 6.11.5 (so that it is actually working), then reboot and pull the Diagnostics, without installing it again so that I can see what happens on boot with the plugin.

The Diagnostics that you've posted above clearly shows that the plugin was installed after the start from the Array and I see no indication that it was installed before the Array was started (at boot time).

Another minor thing is that you should remove the NerdPack since it is marked as deprecated on Unraid 6.11+

ajian-unraid-diagnostics-20230123-2158.zip

17 minutes ago, laidou said:

There is your error, this is caused because you don't have a active Internet connection on boot:

Jan 23 21:50:57 Ajian-unraid root: plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/unraid.iSCSI/packages/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz - downloading from URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SimonFair/unraid.iSCSI/main/packages/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz
Jan 23 21:51:07 Ajian-unraid root: plugin: downloading: libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz ...#015plugin: libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz download failure: Network failure

(this is actually caused because you run OpenWRT on Unraid <- this is something that I never recommend, a Firewall or a router should be always run on a dedicated machine to avoid such issues)

I really can't imagine why this is working on Unraid 6.11.0, the process of installing the plugin is exactly the same and the package will be also downloaded if it's not found.

Please execute this command from a Unraid Terminal and post the output here:

ls -la /boot/config/plugins/unraid.iSCSI/*/*

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

There is your error, this is caused because you don't have a active Internet connection on boot:

Jan 23 21:50:57 Ajian-unraid root: plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/unraid.iSCSI/packages/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz - downloading from URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SimonFair/unraid.iSCSI/main/packages/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz
Jan 23 21:51:07 Ajian-unraid root: plugin: downloading: libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz ...#015plugin: libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz download failure: Network failure

(this is actually caused because you run OpenWRT on Unraid <- this is something that I never recommend, a Firewall or a router should be always run on a dedicated machine to avoid such issues)

I really can't imagine why this is working on Unraid 6.11.0, the process of installing the plugin is exactly the same and the package will be also downloaded if it's not found.

Please execute this command from a Unraid Terminal and post the output here:

ls -la /boot/config/plugins/unraid.iSCSI/*/*

大佬,麻烦问下,每次重启unraid系统都需重新下载 libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz吗,该软件在安装插件时不是已下载?

1 minute ago, laidou said:

大佬,麻烦问下,每次重启unraid系统都需重新下载 libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz吗,该软件在安装插件时不是已下载?

Exactly, the zip is only downloaded when it isn't found, this is why I ask you to execute the command and post the output here.

You have to understand that nothing in the installation routine is different from 6.11.0 and 6.11.5 or even if you install the plugin on 6.10.x

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Exactly, the zip is only downloaded when it isn't found, this is why I ask you to execute the command and post the output here.

You have to understand that nothing in the installation routine is different from 6.11.0 and 6.11.5 or even if you install the plugin on 6.10.x

libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz该安装包执行后会被删除,重启后无网络或网络不好,无法下载此安装包导致插件故障。

将之前下载好的 libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz复制进/boot/config/plugins/unraid.iSCSI/插件目录,重启unraid系统后,没有报错,但 libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz执行后被删除。

6 minutes ago, laidou said:

将之前下载好的 libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz复制进/boot/config/plugins/unraid.iSCSI/插件目录,重启unraid系统后,没有报错,但 libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz执行后被删除。

As said, I can't test that right now because I can't reboot my server currently.

As said above running a Firewall or a Router in a VM is never recommended (at least from my side) because it can have some security implications and the issues you are experiencing.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

As said, I can't test that right now because I can't reboot my server currently.

As said above running a Firewall or a Router in a VM is never recommended (at least from my side) because it can have some security implications and the issues you are experiencing.

大佬,libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz安装包执行后会被删除,此安装包不能永久保存在插件位置么。因地区政策等问题,链接github需要VPN才能正常访问,导致安装包无法正常下载。

1 minute ago, laidou said:

大佬,libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz安装包执行后会被删除,此安装包不能永久保存在插件位置么。因地区政策等问题,链接github需要VPN才能正常访问,导致安装包无法正常下载。

As said above, I will look into it ASAP and let you know. ;)

15 hours ago, laidou said:

好的,我先退回之前版本,因为unraid不是一直在启动,另外非常感谢大佬的回复及帮助。谢谢!!!

I've pushed a fix to the plugin and it should not work as intended.

There was an issue in the old package detection routine which is now fixed, please update the plugin and upgrade to Unraid 6.11.5, it should work right OOB.

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I've pushed a fix to the plugin and it should not work as intended.

There was an issue in the old package detection routine which is now fixed, please update the plugin and upgrade to Unraid 6.11.5, it should work right OOB.

感谢大大,经测试,重启系统,iscsi正常使用,再次感谢!!

• Like 1