OpenVPN Plugin help

chrisp7

Hi all,

First, thanks for the support everyone 🙂  as a result I have a great UNRAID setup (and spent far too much doing so of course!).
My server is setup and working but I just cant get access to to remotely via OpenVPN.

I configured OpenVPN Client and it looks to be working ok (I have forwarded 1194 as UDP), it connects using multiple devices and I am able to access the local network (confirmed by checking the IP). However something isn't right as I cant access my unraid server, or routers GUI.

I checked here: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and port 1194 is not open, which may suggest the issue?

Internet =>

modem/router 1 =>
                 (forward port 1194 to router 2 IP: 192.168.0.4)
                  (DMZ enabled)
                                               router 2 =>
                                               (forward port 1194 to Unraid Open VPN: 192.xxx.x.xx)

I am using the ISP's router (as a modem), and forwarding the port from that - I have DMZ setup on the modem.
I am using a separate Router for my local network - this is where everything is routed, including the UNRAID server.

EDIT: I can see I am connected to the OpenVPN server, looking at the server GUI. Wondering if there is a setting I need to change?

Would anyone have any pointers? Many thanks!

Edited by chrisp7
added additional info
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you get this fixed? I too am having issues with the plugin as of about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm now experiencing:

Thu Nov 12 16:52:03 2020 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Thu Nov 12 16:52:03 2020 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

Strange as it was working for probably a year without issue.

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/12/2020 at 10:57 AM, baldfox said:

Did you get this fixed? I too am having issues with the plugin as of about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm now experiencing:

Thu Nov 12 16:52:03 2020 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Thu Nov 12 16:52:03 2020 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

Strange as it was working for probably a year without issue.

I didnt, no. But I think our issues are different - looks like you are having issues connecting to the VPN itself? Im having no issues connecting, its when I am I cant connect to the unraid server to manage it. I think because when connected to OpenVPN you are limited to what the docker container can access.

• 1 month later...