Marvell Sata Controllers (Marvell Chipset 9215)

I have an Asrock Q1900M Board with a Intel® Quad-Core Processor J1900 with two Syba SI-PEX40064 4 Port SATA III PCI-EXPRESS 2.0 x 1 Controller Cards (Marvell 9215) with 8 sata ports from the addon cards in total.

Will these controllers work with UNRAID?

I read about some issues in the forum but the postings are quite old and refer to older UNRAID versions.

1 minute ago, typewriter said:

Will these controllers work with UNRAID?

Marvell controller based cards are no longer recommended as they can drop drives randomly from the array or fail to display them in the first place.  This is more common with virtualization enabled. Some have found some kernel parameters that mitigate but do not totally solve the problem in all cases.  It is a Marvell driver issue with recent Linux kernels.

To be safe, LSI, ASMedia (1061/1062) and some JMicron (JMB582/JMB585) chipsets are recommended; especially LSI.  Lots of posts in these forums with recommended LSI chipset HBA cards.

I am using a Dell H310 (LSI 9211-8i clone) in my server which supports 8 HDDs.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the fast answer. 

I have also an LSI HBA. Problem is that the board has only one x16 slot (PCIe 2.0) which is populated with an Aquantia 10gb network card and two x1 slots with the Sata cards. When I use the LSI card - I loose the 10gb network card.

Maybe I could replace it with one or two Realtek 2,5gb network cards which fit in the x1 slots. Not sure if these would work with UNRAID.