Recommended method to move secondary parity drive to array

I recently added a secondary parity drive, but now I am wanting to move my original parity drive from parity to the array for general storage.  What is the best way to go about this?  The parity drive that I would like to keep as a parity is in parity slot 2.  I would like to move the drive from parity slot 1 to disk 4 and then move parity 2 to parity 1.

Parity and parity2 are not interchangeable. Since you are going to be rebuilding parity anyway might as well do it all at once. Make very sure you don't assign any disk with data on it to a parity slot or its data will get overwritten by parity.

Stop array. Go to Tools - New Config and keep all assignments. From there it will let you make any changes to disk assignments you want. Reassign disk in parity2 slot (serial ending RV4J) to parity slot, reassign disk in parity slot (serial ending M0TN) to disk4 slot. Leave all other assignments as is. Don't check the box saying parity is valid. Start array to begin parity rebuild. Then it will let you format disk4.

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

Parity and parity2 are not interchangeable. Since you are going to be rebuilding parity anyway might as well do it all at once. Make very sure you don't assign any disk with data on it to a parity slot or its data will get overwritten by parity.

Stop array. Go to Tools - New Config and keep all assignments. From there it will let you make any changes to disk assignments you want. Reassign disk in parity2 slot (serial ending RV4J) to parity slot, reassign disk in parity slot (serial ending M0TN) to disk4 slot. Leave all other assignments as is. Don't check the box saying parity is valid. Start array to begin parity rebuild. Then it will let you format disk4.

Great thank you for the detailed explanation!  Rebuilding the parity now